Electrical Led upgrade lights

Jared Dunne

Sep 2, 2017
Port Hedland
As with most of you I have upgraded all by factory light bulbs from my expanda to led versions.

I seem to be chewing through light at a fast rate. Mainly dropping 2,3,4,5 etc leds from each panel.

Has anyone got leds that are lasting the distance? Mine are lucky to last a year with minimal hours on them

This pic is was the last kit I purchased. Barely lasting a year..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190729-000938_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190729-000938_eBay.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 149

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
As with most of you I have upgraded all by factory light bulbs from my expanda to led versions.

I seem to be chewing through light at a fast rate. Mainly dropping 2,3,4,5 etc leds from each panel.

Has anyone got leds that are lasting the distance? Mine are lucky to last a year with minimal hours on them

This pic is was the last kit I purchased. Barely lasting a year..

Hi @Jared Dunne , do not know anything about the quality of those replacement lights, but should last longer than that without any failing. From what I remember about LED lights, they do require a fairly stable voltage and current when operating, so perhaps this may be a problem. They do work over a wide range of voltages, so I may be way off in my thinking. Someone else may be able to give you a more accurate technical answer.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all, I beleive that LEDs are current sensitive and have a constant current chip that is able to limit the current to them to allow them to operate over a variable voltage range. Some of the poorer quality items may not have a current limiter and therefore rely on a specific voltage. If this is the case then the LED life may be reduced. The other issue is heat. If they are not design to disipate the heat that will kill them as well.

I would suggest that you need to have a look at the economics of the purchases.

This is not to suggest that low cost is wrong, but is the replacement of the low cost ones more expensive than buying a quality set that lasting longer.

Jared Dunne

Sep 2, 2017
Port Hedland
Thanks for the responses. I originally went cheap and for some reason had better success with my current Batch which cost near on $100 for 9 lights. To me at $10 per light I though that was expensive?? Anyone have a link to lights they are having a decent life time with