Electrical LED lights wont stay on

Colsy77

Jul 23, 2019
Mornington Peninsula
Hi All,

I am having trouble with my internal strip lights on my 2015 Expanda. They wont stay on. When i turn them on, they only stay on for 1-2 seconds then go off. I spoke to 2 different Jayco dealerships and got 2 different responses (1 - the internal battery was flat, even though i was on 240v at the time and 2 - the led strips need replaced). Battery is charged and wouldnt have thought the strip lights would need replaced already.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did have a friend tell me it might need to be reset but i am not sure how.

Cheers

Col

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds like a switch, Jayco are pretty good at not tightening things up so probably a loose wire.

carco

Jan 20, 2019
Gympie
Why I asked which switch was that most of the wall switches on our 17.56.2 OB are wireless.
They have a small internal battery and the switch units talk to the master electronic unit.
Wondered if these small batteries were what Jayco was referring to.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A lot of this wireless stuff I can see is going to lead to problems later on, 2 years down the track your system is obsolete and when yours breaks they then sell you a nice new unit for heaps of $$$$$$ ......

Reactions: Boots in Action

carco

Jan 20, 2019
Gympie
Wonder how many owners realise the normal looking switch panels on the van are in fact wireless?
I had no clue until I popped off the bezel to clean it.

Reactions: Drover