Toy Hauler Leaking shower....

nawill

May 18, 2015
Queanbeyan
So in the first extended trip in my '15 work n play, I have noticed that the shower appears to have quite a leak!
I get a small puddle forms along the floor joint outside the shower and along the bed end, and I noticed a substantial drip under the van coming out where the wiring loom penetrates the floor under the shower while the missus was having a shower......
Going to raise the issue at first service, but I'm a bit concerned water damage has already been done......
Anybody else have similar problems?

PeterV

Mar 25, 2015
Turramurra, NSW
Our van has just come back from its first service. We had a similar problem. Apparently Jayco does not use sealant around the edge of the shower compartment. This has now been done to our van, but we have not yet had a chance to test it.

nawill

May 18, 2015
Queanbeyan
Our van has just come back from its first service. We had a similar problem. Apparently Jayco does not use sealant around the edge of the shower compartment. This has now been done to our van, but we have not yet had a chance to test it.
Thanks for the reply.
Have booked mine in for service in March, will see how it goes!

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
We had a similar problem with ours on our first trip. I went hunting and testing eliminating where the water was coming from. It ended up being the shower plug, it had no sealant or seal on the plug itself and also no hose clamp on the barb of the plug under the van, with the whole lot filled with silicone the water had nowhere to go but on the floor. All fixed now and no wet floor.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
We had the same problem, i originally thought it was leaking around the edges of the shower but when I had it in for its first service the service guy put his finger in the drain hole and could wiggle it. So it was as simple as undoing it applying silicone and lightly doing it up again.