QLD Latest Covid19 Restrictions QUEENSLAND.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
QUEENSLAND.............Tomorrow Friday 15MAY we can go for a 150km drive, picnic and come home again and if lucky enough to find one can book to eat out if anyone would open for just 10 people at a time.

Google Earth using the measure tag can run a distance from your place out to 150km to show how far you can escape, crow flies measure.

STAGE 1: 15 MAY 2020 (4 weeks)
(Please Note that that for the QLD GOV this mean 1159pm (2359) Friday so really 1 minute to Saturday 16th but they don't mention that in the handout)

Family, friends and community
> Gatherings in homes (max 5 visitors, allowed from
separate households)
> Gatherings of up to 10 people:
> outdoor, non-contact activity
> personal training
> pools (indoor and outdoor)
> public spaces and lagoons* (e.g. South Bank Parklands,
Cairns, Airlie Beach etc)
> parks, playground equipment, skate parks and
outdoor gyms
> libraries
> weddings
> hiking and other recreational activities in national
and state parks
> places of worship and religious ceremonies
> Funerals (max 20 indoors or 30 outdoors)
> Recreational travel (max 150 kms within your region
for day trips)
Businesses and economy
> Retail shopping
> 10 people permitted at any one time for:
> dining in: restaurants, cafés, pubs, registered
and licensed clubs, RSL clubs and hotels
– no bars or gaming
> open homes and auctions
> beauty therapy and nail salons (with register
of clients and COVID SAFE Plan)
Outback
> Dining in: restaurants, cafés, pubs, registered and
licensed clubs, RSL clubs and hotels (max 20) for locals
only (must show proof of residence) – no b

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can’t do the above until after 11:59 Friday night so stay off the road Saturday. :car:
Silly me, thinking that the posted date of Friday 15th being the commencement date, I assumed that Friday started at 0001 not 2359 hrs.....So in reality they meant to say Saturday May 16th...... Idiots....when I get to computer Ill ammend it to the real world time...but Officer, !!! the government handout they sent me says Friday, date only no time, official publication so must be right, print out and leave on friday.

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
As of 19MAY20 an update to the home confinement regs and a few other things.................https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...home-confinement-movement-gathering-direction
Just gave that a quick once over. It refers to "Outback" as a defined place being listed in one of the schedules. Prior to May19th, The Outback to me was only an abstract place referencing somewhere inland. Now that Qld has restricted the Outback to just parts of Qld, I have concerns now for the other "places" in Aust, now all places that were "formally know as The Outback" ... or is this just a play on words and Qld has only claimed "Outback", not "The Outback"

On the Mexican news yesterday they quoted your Queen as suggesting she'll be keeping the fence up till September. That could be problematic ... we have a yacht in FNQ booked. I just email the Rev ScoMo, should be sorted by this afternoon

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have used Google Earth to measure things and as of Jun12th (under current pronouncements) I could get over the border at Tweed Heads and still be in my legal 250km, would have to use the Bruxner Goat Track to head west but then if Anna keeps them closed till Sept be hard to get back home......... She will make a magnaminous decree around the end of the month I would say, along the limes of " Youv'e all done very well, so I Queen of QLD will allow you to do blah, blah ,blah" so she looks like she is being generous and not at all like those scallywags down south .............. Just let us roam in QLD will do me, for as soon as she moves the concrete blocks the earth will move as Victorian caravans land up here............

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Well drovers queen just told a reporter she never said September at all and told the reporters to stop miss quoting her?????? God only knows when travelling to or through or around this magnificent state will be possible my head hurts now :-(

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well drovers queen just told a reporter she never said September at all and told the reporters to stop miss quoting her?????? God only knows when travelling to or through or around this magnificent state will be possible my head hurts now :-(
Well the reporters have just said nah nah, da nah na, The Queen of QLD did say that and asked her to stop lying about them reporting on her lying

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey guys, things are about to take a turn in trying to lock us out. We've just started packing the van, ive 4 x jerrys full of Covid 19, and we're heading north through friendly territory to rhe Qld border. The Mexicans will be lining the Qld border like at the Alamo waiting for the signal to cross en masse, the war cry is "Please explain" in morse code

Screenshot_20200521-154948_Facebook.jpg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
with all the hoopla when the borders are opened, the thing I will definitely not be doing is heading up to Queensland. With all the Victorians intent on heading up there it will be worse than going to Earl's Court in London.

I was born and spent most of my life in Qld. When I was in business in Maryborough in the 70's we would get the highways chocked with convoys of caravans heading up North, notably to Hervey Bay.

The traders in Maryborough had a good saying way back then:
Q: How do you pick the Victorians?
A: They are the ones in a suit with $20 in their pocket. They will be here for months and whilst here they will not be changing either of them.
Used to get sick to death of them coming into the shop only to tell me how much cheaper everything was in Melbourne.

I wonder if much has changed?

take care
Victorians are ready to invade!
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nothing to see here ........................Gates closed till Sept........................... If you mexicans are so desperate to be up here you should have moved here ages ago ................ Hey @mikerezny not much changed just more Victorians on holiday, the roads are wider and not dirt anymore, but still magnificent sunshine and stupid politicians............ and Maryborough has Dan Murphys.............. I'm heading south anyway and with the gates closed just us Maroon number platers with our permits in hand heading south since we won't be able to go anywhere up here.............The outback has moved closer to the coast, Banana Shire , Biloela etc is classified outback, geez hardly a days drive and I'm not allowed to go there.......................

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
I do miss it. But I am not sure what I actually miss: the simple lifestyle back in those days, the country, or being young!

Life was pretty simple: you went to the pub and you drank XXXX. A night out was a trip to the pub on Sunday night for a pub dinner.
If you got bored on the weekend you drove down to Hervey Bay for the day. A long trip would be a weekend somewhere around Noosa, sleeping on the beach.
If you got sick of being at home, you packed a tent and camped on the foreshore at Hervey Bay for a couple of weeks over Summer.
Big trip was to go to Brisbane, the big smoke. Dangerous though since they had double lane highways when you got close to the town.
Maryborough got its first set of traffic lights on the corner of Kent and Adelaide streets while I was delivering the Courier Mail in the mornings. I think I was in about sixth grade at the time.

take care
we get old far too quickly
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
QUEENSLAND LATEST: pronounced 31 May;

Movement and Gathering Direction: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...ealth-act-powers/movement-gathering-direction

Business Restrictions: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...owers/business-activity-undertaking-direction

Link to all directions: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/syste...tions-under-expanded-public-health-act-powers

Borders are still closed but QUEENSLANDERS can wander within the state...........it is possible for QLDers to cross into NSW and return over the border if in possession of a QLDer Pass https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass and can prove you haven't been to a Hotspot, https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condi...rus-covid-19/current-status/hotspots-covid-19
It should be noted that each individual must have a pass.