NSW Lake Tabourie Tourist Park.

PhilW

Jul 12, 2015
Sydney. Northern Beaches.
This park is located on the South a coast of NSW, around 4hours drive from Sydney.
We booked a non powered site over the Christmas break.
Busy, wow there were some people camped in and around the area. Our site was a 5min walk to an amazing beach and river inlet. There are sites located right on the river and next to beach that would be available non peak. Once on the beach you only had to walk a short distance north to escape the crowds.
I feel the park handled the large crowds well and found management very accomodating. Only negative was the ammenities really needed to be cleaned at least twice per day with the number of guests. I reckon off season this would be a peaceful and very relaxed place to stay.
There is a jumping pillow and water park for the grommets.
Dogs allowed at non peak times.
The state forests offered some great off-road tracks to explore.
10 min drive to Ulladulla for supplies. Recommend a trip south to Batemans Bay and the little town of Mogo.
http://wikicamps.com.au/showsite.php?id=63123&l=-35440300

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 317
Last edited:

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
I think you'll find that this time of year the amenities need extra cleaning. We found the some last week when we stayed at Budgewoi.

Nice review @PhilW I had planned to stay there in Sept school holidays. We normally go to Burrill Lake just up the road. Stayed at both parks and both are good.

Lake Tabourie must be the place to be, as a few forum members are there now. @Bluey and @lisasjayco

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
This park is located on the South a coast of NSW, around 4hours drive from Sydney.
We booked a non powered site over the Christmas break.
Busy, wow there were some people camped in and around the area. Our site was a 5min walk to an amazing beach and river inlet. There are sites located right on the river and next to beach that would be available non peak. Once on the beach you only had to walk a short distance north to escape the crowds.
I feel the park handled the large crowds well and found management very accomodating. Only negative was the ammenities really needed to be cleaned at least twice per day with the number of guests. I reckon off season this would be a peaceful and very relaxed place to stay.
There is a jumping pillow and water park for the grommets.
Dogs allowed at non peak times.
The state forests offered some great off-road tracks to explore.
10 min drive to Ulladulla for supplies. Recommend a trip south to Batemans Bay and the little town of Mogo.
http://wikicamps.com.au/showsite.php?id=63123&l=-35440300
Are you still here ??? If so where are you camped

lisasjayco

Jan 5, 2016
Glenwood
I think you'll find that this time of year the amenities need extra cleaning. We found the some last week when we stayed at Budgewoi.

Nice review @PhilW I had planned to stay there in Sept school holidays. We normally go to Burrill Lake just up the road. Stayed at both parks and both are good.

Lake Tabourie must be the place to be, as a few forum members are there now. @Bluey and @lisasjayco

We have stayed at Burrill Lake as well. Both parks are in great locations with lake and beach access.

Burrill Lake is a much smaller park than Lake Tabourie.

Reactions: caax

PhilW

Jul 12, 2015
We got here last wensday bugger could have had a quick meet up maybe next time
Think I may have seen your van.....were you towards the entrance to the park on a powered site?
We had a 16ft Expanda near us towards the back of the park on a non powered site.
Would have enjoyed meeting you.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Think I may have seen your van.....were you towards the entrance to the park on a powered site?
We had a 16ft Expanda near us towards the back of the park on a non powered site.
Would have enjoyed meeting you.
We are next to wool shed its in front of us we are under a big gum tree in the flood zone

Reactions: bigcol

PhilW

Jul 12, 2015
Awesome set-up there Phil ! :)

Cheers and welcome to the forum @ScottT
Looking at your avatar there mate it appears you have a Customline?
Excellent choice of a quality Australian made camper trailer. :rockon:

OK confession time .........Scott is a very good mate of mine who we camp with on a more than a regular basis.
Just between you and me ......he is a tad Starcraft/Expanda curious. :tea:

Once again......Welcome aboard mate!

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

ScottT

Jan 10, 2016
Northern Beaches, Sydney NSW
Cheers and welcome to the forum @ScottT
Looking at your avatar there mate it appears you have a Customline?
Excellent choice of a quality Australian made camper trailer. :rockon:

OK confession time .........Scott is a very good mate of mine who we camp with on a more than a regular basis.
Just between you and me ......he is a tad Starcraft/Expanda curious. :tea:

Once again......Welcome aboard mate!

Not regular enough mate ! :(

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilW