Lake Maraboon Caravan pk Qld

Stewscl07

Mar 29, 2017
Engadine
Hi all, anyone stayed at Lake Maraboon Holiday Village or Emerald Caravan Park at Emerald Qld? Will be staying a couple days when heading to Longreach. Also any thing we shouldn't miss while in Emerald? Rgds Stewart

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Emerald....have stayed there years ago and I think it was Emerald Caravan Park as if it had "holiday village" in the name we would have avoided it.
I'm unable to remember any details about the park (except there were no negatives) but I do remember the red claw we caught when we were there.....had about five meals from two night's haul.

See...I do remember some important things.

What are the wiki reviews like? They're usually reliable on the whole if you discount the whingers on one end of the spectrum and the do gooders on the other.

Let me know if you don't have wiki and I'll look it up.....I certainly wouldn't be travelling without wiki. It's far too useful.

Stewscl07

Mar 29, 2017
Engadine
Thanks Dobbie, not to look too silly but what's this wiki thing I would like to get on board. How does it work or give me a link?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Aha!!

Just google Wikicamps.....or search for the app. There's an apple and an android version and you can use it offline.

It's about $7 or so and is invaluable when looking for places to stay...caravan parks, free camps, with or without dogs, dump points ect......all info that affects your choice of a place to stay.

There are photos, prices, comments etc that are updated by travellers so they're not generally too biased.

Mapping, trip planning etc etc.

Look out, it's addictive.

CampMate is another one...not quite as up to date ...but very useful for similar use....free I think but just for android.

Have fun!

Stewscl07

Mar 29, 2017
Engadine
Did what you said. Found the app and downloaded to my phone. As you say very addictive. Just having a quick look at the places I'm planning to go to. One link leads to another. I think I'll find myself getting lost in it. Again thanks for the advice. Just got a reply from Lake Maraboon for the days we want only two sites left.

Reactions: Drover and Dobbie