Kids sharing a bed

Dominator

May 5, 2019
Sunshine Coast
Hi Crew,
First post, the missus and I are looking at Jayco Expanda's.
We currently have a Pioneer Hard floor camper (that we love) but we are wanting something easier to setup and pack down so we can do some longer trips. Also the minister for war and finance has approved funds provided there is an Ensuite.
We have two boys (3 and 7) so we are looking at an Expanda 16.49 (towing with a 2010 Prado, so want to keep weight down) however we are not sure how long the boys will last sharing a double bed and I don't want to have to change vans again in a few years because the boys won't share a bed.
I am assuming I am not the first person to come across this, how have others that have 2 kids sharing a double bed found it? How old were they when you decided it time to get them separate beds?
Thanks in advance.

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Could always just try a screen / privacy blind down the middle to give them the separate feel. could run it along the roof support bar. Not ideal but at least it gives them separate space and maybe loop the ends under the mattress to keep it in place. We have ends and bunks so never been an issue but could work.