July Holiday

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
OK, I am after any suggestions for a the first week of July with the van. I know it will be cold, but any suggestion on where to go to get some warmth. And now the biggie! Maximum 10 hours from Melbourne please!

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @1DayIll,
how about the free camping at the 19 sites along the Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park?
Some of them have drop toilets. Not all of them are suitable for vans.
Here are the site descriptions:

cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Gippsland-Lakes-C1-to-C19-Campground-Maps.pdf
    764.2 KB · Views: 656
Reactions: bigcol

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Echuca for my money. It's about 4 hours away. It abounds in history. The eating is second to none. There are paddle steamers. A historical walk along the river. I think it the Shamrock Hotel that has 101 different types of parmigiana. And that's for starters.

Reactions: WHHEMI and bigcol

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Hi @1DayIll,
how about the free camping at the 19 sites along the Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park?
Some of them have drop toilets. Not all of them are suitable for vans.
Here are the site descriptions:

cheers
Mike
thanks for the suggestion but we do need power, especially at this time of the year as my wife would never survive in the cold, then again neither might I. I will however log this for future trips.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Echuca for my money. It's about 4 hours away. It abounds in history. The eating is second to none. There are paddle steamers. A historical walk along the river. I think it the Shamrock Hotel that has 101 different types of parmigiana. And that's for starters.

Yes i know and love this area as well but was hoping for something on the coast this trip! Thanks for your suggestion, i will be up that way for work soon. i just wish they would let me take my van

Reactions: bigcol

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
OK I have booked Merimbula for the week. Ensuite site at the top of the cliff. Now just need to work out ways to stay warm. For those of you who have electric blankets, can you just put them on the standard matress or do you need to put something under them?