jockey wheel lean

sledge

Banned
Feb 21, 2013
Sunbury
I know Im being pedantic but Im one of those straightener/leveler perfectionists and cant help notice when the van is on the jockey wheel it leans to the right.

I know the ideal is to have the jockey in the centre but apart from that has anyone come up with a solution or am I the only one that is bothered by it? :bi_polo:

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I haven't notice that, but my left rear drop down leg bracket has been welded crooked. So when I wind down the leg it leans inward by about 15 deg. Doesn't seem affect the function, but looks crap, so O know what you mean.

Reactions: blacky

prado

Dec 2, 2012
Warrnambool, Victoria.
I know Im being pedantic but Im one of those straightener/leveler perfectionists and cant help notice when the van is on the jockey wheel it leans to the right.

I know the ideal is to have the jockey in the centre but apart from that has anyone come up with a solution or am I the only one that is bothered by it? :bi_polo:
Yep. Mine has a lean to.

BMWTAL

Apr 26, 2013
Townsville
I'm with xpandafan. Had two jockey wheels on the Swan and couldn't do without it on the 18 particularly on unlevel ground. It stops all movement at the front when not attached to the truck and it also allows me the to jack the front of the van up and down to whatever height I want (one high and one low). I need the height to unhook but lower the front to get the van level. Then use both wheels to take the load to steady the front end. Should be standard on all vans. ($30 mod).

Reactions: Ch00ka77

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Hi check if the clamp has a weld in the middle top and bottom that usually fixes a lean from the bracket flexing, on a side note we had a van come in with a clamp that another dealer fitted, i was torquing the wheel nuts and van was rocking back and forth a few inches either way, suddenly clamp broke and down crashed van, lucky there was no damage and no one hurt, on inspection there was no penetration on their weld at all. so don't rely on these things to support the van. chuck a stand under them whenever you stick your head underneath