Starcraft Jerry can holders

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Hi all, wondering if anyone has fitted jerry can holders to their 17.58? I've got the rear fiamma bike rack, so wondering if the rear bumper has room, and whether or not it's strong enough. Can't see there being room on the bumper with 2 gas bottles and front mounted spare. I also want to somehow put a pole holder on the front bumper, saw one when I dropped the van off at jayco today for warranty stuff,should have taken a pic

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Fitting the Jerry Can holder to the A frame is a better place. I think you will find a rear bar fit ment is illegal.

Pretty easy to fit.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Fitting the Jerry Can holder to the A frame is a better place. I think you will find a rear bar fit ment is illegal.

Pretty easy to fit.

they are not illegal, just damn hard to make sure they are safe and secure

it all depends on what your back bumper is - 120x50x2 SHS or 40NB tube

if it is the tube - forget it, you wont make it strong enough to hold the weight, and not be a magnet for Mr Policeman

if it is the SHS (Square Hollow Section) - it can be modified to take the weight

petenkaz

Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for the replies, it's the SHS bumper, but don't want to modify. i'll see what can fit on the drawbar. It's gotta be cheaper than a long range tank for the Triton!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
only mods you would need on the SHS bar would be a couple of strengthening pieces

to stop it flexing where you dont want it to

Paul J

Nov 18, 2015
Townsville
Hi all, wondering if anyone has fitted jerry can holders to their 17.58? I've got the rear fiamma bike rack, so wondering if the rear bumper has room, and whether or not it's strong enough. Can't see there being room on the bumper with 2 gas bottles and front mounted spare. I also want to somehow put a pole holder on the front bumper, saw one when I dropped the van off at jayco today for warranty stuff,should have taken a pic

I would check before putting fuel jerries on rear of van. Because I was told somes states don't allow this.

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
You can always invest in one of these, just picked one up for the roof rack, as long as it is mounted correctly and the weight is distributed evenly on the roof they also work well, make sure the caps are sealed properly though, diesel streaming down the side of your vehicle is not nice :)

Also it adds roughly 50kg's to your roof when they are full, most roof's have a limit of 100kg which also doesn't include the rack itself......

Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 7.55.27 AM.png