Jayco warranty IS NOT transferable on pre-owned RV's

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
"2008 & forward models have warranties for the original owner only, and are NOT transferable"

Just thought I would point this out as there are a lot of secondhand Jayco vans advertised with balance of warranty, but basically if you buy a secondhand one you are buying without a warranty (as per the Jayco website and owner's handbook).

This is one of the reasons why we bought a new van, plus the price wasn't really that much more either.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Dont know where you heard that. We sold our 2010 Eagle and Jayco told me the warranty would be going to the new owner, it only had 2 months, but still if something had gone wrong he could still get warranty. The only thing that doesn't go is with the camper trailers have a lifetime warranty on the lifter controls for the roof, but it is only lifetime on the original owner...

Are We There Yet?

Jun 24, 2011
Vic
We were told the opposite by Jayco and it also says in our handbook that the warranty is only for the original owner.
So for this reason, when we sold our 2010 Eagle CT we didn't advertise it as having any warranty, even though it was under 12 mths old at the time.

I also did a bit of searching online at the time and came to the same conclusion.

However, it would be good to find out which is actually true if Jayco told you the opposite.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Even the Jayco website states it is for the original purchaser.

Quite common actually - buy a new fridge and sell it on, the warranty becomes null & void.

2nd hand private buyer beware.

Dealer 2nd hand - don't know.

Reactions: Are We There Yet?