Electrical Jayco Rear Camera Plug

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
My Expanda was factory fitted with a rear camera.
I am looking to connect it to the tug, does anyone identify this plug and know where I may be able to get the vehicle side gear from., and have a wiring diagram for the pins.
I asked Jayco in Brissy, it seems they had no interest in selling me anything to help as I asked for the wiring diagram, I ended up laughing at the dill and his pathetic response.

34073199436_206bc8af2a_b.jpg

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
I found that style of plug also, a difference here being the square location peg.
Should have added that I am not sure if it works, as I believe it has never been connected, but seen as it is all in place, I may as well try.

icetechaus

Nov 21, 2012
That looks like a standard s-video connector. You should be able to get it from Jaycar or Altronics.
They aren't really designed for outdoor use though.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Or try http://www.brashimports.com.au/ they also are very helpfull and have a selection of leads/plugs, might be easier just to get matching plugs and refit it, depending how it's wired but one of the pins is probably inactive.

The way I wired mine I only need 2 pins.

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
It is easy to see its not for outdoor use alright.
I am happy to splice in a new plug, big thing I want is to find out the wiring, or, if not, find the connector.
I'll take details to Jaycar tomorrow and try my luck.

Mick

Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
That looks like a standard s-video connector. You should be able to get it from Jaycar or Altronics.
They aren't really designed for outdoor use though.
agreed that is a s-video that you can get at Jaycar recomend changing to one of ebay or safety dave I use a military grade amp connector

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
Great thanks guys.
I'll grab an s-video connector to test it all out first, if it works, van side that it, I'll splice in a real connection.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I use a 2 pin microphone socket, has worked well for a couple of years now in all sorts of weather, from Jaycar and they have 4 pin jobs also. The male end on ute with the back sealed with silastic, screw on jobs so won't fall out in use.
My cam on van pulls power from the fridge 12v from the tug so it activates when I plug in and the 2 wires just run the vid feed to the dash......was the easiest way to set it up.

AndyFrew

Dec 28, 2018
Texas, USA
Hi...I use a 2 pin microphone socket, has worked well for a couple of years now in all sorts of weather, from Jaycar and they have 4 pin jobs also. The male end on ute with the back sealed with silastic, screw on jobs so won't fall out in use.

pcb assembly and manufacturing

Last edited: