18' Series Jayco Expanda Outback Lounge Modifications

15Stanners

Apr 7, 2018
Bailey15
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has done any modifications to lounge in a Jayco Expanda and converted into another bed. I have 3 year old that we currently just put a sleeping bag on the lounge seat but he has outgrown it.

Any pictures of advice would be appreciated.
Lounge.jpg

padge

Dec 3, 2018
melbourne
Hi, I am also interested in this. I made some enquiries with JAYCO but the answer wasnt clear and convincing.There is a floor mounted table telescopic pole that lowers to the right height but is expensive. However what I am interested in is if the existing extention arm that retracts and holds the pole of the table can be cut and shortened by about 200mm to 400mm without compromising the structure. A JAYCO salesman could not see a problem with this but I would like a more definitive, technical answer. If so, then it is possible.

padge

Dec 3, 2018
melbourne
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone has done any modifications to lounge in a Jayco Expanda and converted into another bed. I have 3 year old that we currently just put a sleeping bag on the lounge seat but he has outgrown it.

Any pictures of advice would be appreciated. View attachment 62331
I have researched ad-nausea on this and have decided to go with the expensive telescopic Nuova Mapa table extension.
the complication is the floor mounting so that it doesn't interfere with the slide out when it is retracted.The van is on site at holiday place and I will tackle it next week. the quick fix though is to remove the table by lifting it up(which should just happen with a slight tap). you need to screw in 3 pieces of timber around the the seat sides to hold the weight of a ply insert what ever thickness you decide to be flush with the seat timbers. alternatively you could unscrew the table but it is cumbersome to keep refitting it when you want to convert it back.Remember to use chip board screws as this is what you are screwing into.for a mattress you can get a piece of 75mm thick foam by 790mmx790mm (the same size as the table insert) to fill in the gap. I am thinking of 4 flat cushions instead but getting the correct size is a challenge.the foam is around $75 cut to size.finding somewhere to leave the table is also a bit of a pain.I'll try and post photos and details if I
am successful.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Some one on here did a table mod where the leg mount was under the floor, leaving the floor flush as I assume your slider wants that space under the current leg mount, depending on table top size this could possibly become the bed base, a snap lock or screw in table leg for easy removal from the top.................just a thought bubbble idea.