Jayco Expanda Outback 16.49.2

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Hey Everyone

I am looking at buying an Outback 16.49.2 with the bunk beds as I have 4 kids to fit in.

If anyone has one that they are thinking of getting rid of please let me know.

Also wondering peoples advice on buying new or secondhand. What is the general price difference and do the vans generally hold their value?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sinko

Mar 21, 2011
Victoria
Richard,
We initially ordered a 16.49.2 with quite a few extras (we have 3 kids). It only was going to cost around what some were selling for 2nd so we decided new was the go. I then convinced the boss to upgrade to the 17.56.1 which was only 1700 bucks more with the same extras. We ordered it a few months ago and still have to wait till the start of Septemeber to get it!!

I'd get some prices for new then compare with what's 2nd hand.

Cheers
Sinko

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
They do hold there value very well. The main advantage buying new or dealer demo is immediate delivery (obviously:rolleyes:). We did that with our old Hawk, purchased as a demo model, immediate delivery, BUT no options. What you see is what you get. You never know, you may find the perfect second hand or demo model with all the options you want.

This time around we decided to buy new so we could choose all the options that would suit our needs, but had to wait over 3 months:(

My mate at work drove the 16 foot bunk model around Oz for 12 months (with the wife and four girls) and later sold it for about $1500 less than he paid for it new. So they do hold their value.

In general, Jayo has great resale because they have such a long wait on new orders.

Good luck:D

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Sinko,

What made you decide in the end to go for the 17.56.1 instead? There does not seem to be too many of these second hand around. Are they only a newer model?

Do you know how the bigger ones and also the dual axel ones tow?

Thanks for the help

Richard

Bushy

Jan 6, 2011
G'day Richard i may have our 16-49-2 coming up for sale but it is on rd if you need to give me a call on 0429314600

richard

Jun 9, 2011
G'day Richard i may have our 16-49-2 coming up for sale but it is on rd if you need to give me a call on 0429314600

Thanks Bushy, but I now have a 16-49-2 outback. I may however be selling also in the near future.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi Richard
I lost no money when I sold my first expanda. But that is based on the purchase price. What I don't think you get back is all the mods you do after market.