16' Series Jayco Expanda Custom Storm Cover

Goodie84

Oct 26, 2019
QLD
Good Morning,

We have just purchase a 2013 Expanda Pop top and in the advertisement they listed the caravan as having storm covers, to which it only came with the privacy screens. The Caravan dealer agreed on paying for a canvas to be made to cover both rear and front beds.

The canvas dealer said he can make whatever we require for the caravan. So my question is what are some of the options/tips to have with the storm cover?

He is going to using the existing press studs on the hard lid, but I was going to ask for more to be added. Would the press studs be good enough, or do we need something more water proof, like a slide installed (not sure if he will be able to add the feature to the lid)

We are going to ask for clear pvc for the windows that can be zipped up, along with the fly screen underneath similar to the covers that Jayco makes.

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
I dont know if the Jayco stormcovers fit a 2013 but they are probably one of the better products that Jayco get manufactured for them.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Hi Goodie,
Agree with Falco completely.
The current Jayco storm covers are excellent; they fit well and give great protection against the elements.

There are 2 layers under the first zipper flap, 1 is a clear perspex (plastic) layer also zippered and the bottom layer is a midgy screen.
The runners appear to be channel which could possibly be purchased at Bunnies (?). The covers are a bit of a pain to get started in the runners but once they're going it's easy as.

Not sure if this particular setup is better than the press stud scenario but I would have thought so, although if you have more studs added it should be ok.

Greg.

Attachments

• IMG_0521 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0521 - Copy.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 275

Falco

Jul 4, 2016
Gold Coast
Hi Goodie,
The covers are a bit of a pain to get started in the runners but once they're going it's easy as.
Greg.
You only have to put the storm covers on once. You dont have to take them off to travel. The complete setup can be folded up with the storm covers in place.

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Agreed and we have left them on but usually take them off so that we can easily just unzip in the mornings and watch the sunrise while still in bed.