Jayco Brake ReCall

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Received a letter today from Jayco recalling our van chassis # due to a problem regarding the Electric Brakes, we picked ours up in early october, have it booked in for 10am on friday to get it checked out. I also overheard a conversation about axle u-bolts when i was on hold but unsure what model they were talking about.
I do remember Brad posting about a problem he had with his Brakes, he may have rattled a Cage.

Glenn

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I wonder if this has anything to do with me telling Jayco my wires were not crimped, I haven't got a letter yet but mine are ok now that I did this myself! I will check the nuts on u bolts also....ours was a September build!

Cheers.

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Hi Burnsy,

The Chassis # quoted in the letter are from P12185 to Q80010, sorry mate it may have been one of your threads i read.
Have alot of brake dust over the axles on mine and tends to want to grab at low speeds.

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
While we are on brakes, I noticed the other day that where my brake wires go over the leaf spring and in the brake hub they were wearing through the cable insulation against the spring. It was an easy fix with some added cable insulation and a slight relocating of the cable to avoid future wear.

Worth a look at next time you're under the van!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
While we are on brakes, I noticed the other day that where my brake wires go over the leaf spring and in the brake hub they were wearing through the cable insulation against the spring. It was an easy fix with some added cable insulation and a slight relocating of the cable to avoid future wear.

Worth a look at next time you're under the van!

Yeah mate, did that a couple of weeks ago.....shouldn't need to Jayco should of done it!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Burnsy,

The Chassis # quoted in the letter are from P12185 to Q80010, sorry mate it may have been one of your threads i read.
Have alot of brake dust over the axles on mine and tends to want to grab at low speeds.

I told Jayco on the 15th of September (handover day) brakes were not working properly and that's what I found, I then advised them of this.

Cheers.

Aspanda

Oct 30, 2012
Aspendale, VIC
I followed the letter and I called lube mobile to come and have a sticky. Page bros service dept are flat out. Next week they can slot me in. We already have 2 trips under our belt and it felt fine. Off to walkerville this weekend. I don't plan on brakin'.