Its here, our new 17-56-1OB.

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
Picked it up a few hours ago and just as we finished getting the rundown on everything it started to rain.
So right now it is sitting on the front lawn all closed up.
Hopefully we will start putting all our stuff in it tommorrow.

100_0803.jpg100_0802.jpg

rick.:biggrin:

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Looks awsome. How was the handover? Any issues?
Bet you cant wait to pack it up!
When's your first trip?

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Congratulations Rick.yes better feeling that you got van home now you can open door sit in have a cuppa inside thinking of those mods to do.wonder if jayco watch this site and think to incorporate users mods as factory inclusions?.cheers.from my HTC.

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
Relgate, handover went well. As we are seasoned campers and have had a few wind ups before, it was simply a case of asking about stuff i wasn't sure of and away we went. Less than an hour and we were gone. The better half has been fiddling around inside on and off all day, but i had to go do some work unfortunately, so all i did today was look at it..:):) . First trip will hopefully be in two weeks , just an overnighter.

kimlouise,i bet your looking forward to next week. Ours was floor stock that had been used at the recent show, thats why we got it so quick. The cushions are a deep blue and look good against the light wood finish.

randl007 and pace9908, aaaahhhhhhhhhhh mods.
Need i say more...lol

rick.

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
I'll take a photo for you tommorrow mate.
No external shower, yet.
Just been out and had a bit of a look around in the rain, (we are finally getting some here in Perth ).
There is water on top of the bed canvas and from what i can see it is comming from along the hinge area of the hardlid. Is this ok, or should it be nice and dry up there?
After reading on here about water getting inside i had a good look around all the cupboards etc and coundn't see any inside, so that is definately a good thing.

rick.

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
I'll take a photo for you tommorrow mate.
No external shower, yet.
Just been out and had a bit of a look around in the rain, (we are finally getting some here in Perth ).
There is water on top of the bed canvas and from what i can see it is comming from along the hinge area of the hardlid. Is this ok, or should it be nice and dry up there?
After reading on here about water getting inside i had a good look around all the cupboards etc and coundn't see any inside, so that is definately a good thing.

rick.
Hi Rick ours does the same but only at the front which leads me to believe it should not happen. we are getting Jayco to look at it on the first service. From posts on here it is a fault with the hinge and I believe marine grade silicone is what is best to fix the problem.
Cheers Richard

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
We have ordered the dark blue seats too!!! Very curious to see them as we have not seen a van in the flesh with that decor. Does it have an external shower??

hiya kimlouise, only been in the door ten minutes so haven't got a photo for you today, will see how i go tommorrow.
I gotta admit tho it was nice to pull into the driveway and see the expanda sitting there waiting ...:)

rick.

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
Hi Rick ours does the same but only at the front which leads me to believe it should not happen. we are getting Jayco to look at it on the first service. From posts on here it is a fault with the hinge and I believe marine grade silicone is what is best to fix the problem.
Cheers Richard

Hi randl007, thanks for that. Will do the same thing then and get the dealer to have a look at the first service. I'll be sure to let them know about the possible fix as well.

rick.

Apr 15, 2012
Perth W.A.
Looks great Rick, I bet you cant wait till the maiden voyage :car:

Oh yeah. First quick trip away this wekend up to Cervantes into a van park. Got to give everything the once over before we start free camping again.
Something we heard quite often when we had the offroad Dove was " how the hell did you get that in here".
Should be even better with the Expanda...lol:)

rick