17' Series Issue with sullage connection.

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Howdy y'all. I have a 2014 17.56-1 which means no shower, washing machine etc so there is only the one single grey water outlet. I bought the van second hand and was supplied no sullage hose so I went and purchased a roll of 32mm sullage hose.

The issue I have is the sullage hose is almost impossible to slide over the outlet pipe. Is there supposed to be another fitting that goes between the hose and the outlet? Am I using the wrong size hose?

Cheers.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
IMG_6086.JPG
Get some cam lock fittings so quick and easy. I use it on the van end and have a couple lengths of hose with cam locks on them for long or short length. This was mine but now only use one outlet.

Reactions: DWWood and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, go shoppiing in the plumbing section at Bunnings for a PVC reducer, I have only ever used the 25mm drain hose at Bunnings, 10m @ $10........way better than the million dollar stuff.

Wombat6

Aug 27, 2016
Melbourne
Well today I finally completed my modifications to the sullage outlet on our Expanda OB 20.64. So for months I had looked at the designs like that of Tone and thought it looked like a much better and long term approach than to keep struggling with pushing the clear plastic hoses on that were getting stiffer and stiffer. I also wanted something that didn't stick out or below the caravan that might be collected by passing stones or rocks. However, after talking to a guy at the local agi supplies place about cam locks and getting them to fit the odd sized Jayco pipes he indirectly convinced me not to use them at all. I then came up with the below which I think will suffice. It neither sticks out or below any further. The screw connection that came with the sullage hose is easy enough to attach to it and best of all, apart from a little effort it didn't cost anything.

The other picture is the protection I have applied to most of the exposed water pipes below the van to protect them again from passing stones and rocks. My wife and I came up with it. It uses some thin foam noodles we had lying around with perforated agi pipe around that. We were concerned that just using foam tubing would not stand up to being hit by too many stones so decided on the hard but light agi pipe to protect it. Next month we will be hitting the Gibb River Road amongst other places so will find out whether these modifications provide sufficient protection.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,775
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 1,281
Reactions: bigcol and DWWood

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Appreciate everyone's help. I work 5 minutes from a Jayco dealer so dropped in they kindly gave me the fitting attached to the outlet as shown in the photo. No more struggling with the sullage hose!

Sullage fitting.JPG

I also work not far from Award RV so dropped in one lunchtime and whilst browsing I came across this water tank filler. No more having to stand there waiting for the tank to fill now. Just need to adapt an on/off valve into it.

Tank filler.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: G Daddy and Lap Dog