18' Series internal faulty midships roof light, 18.57-6 OB Expanda, 2007...

pgapes

Aug 16, 2011
Hi all, we have a 18.57-6 OB, 2007. The mid internal roof light is not working. I have done the following;
1. replaced light bulbs with working light bulbs with no success.

2. the other lights are working correctly in the van.

Please advise if you know what may be causing the problem?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi all, we have a 18.57-6 OB, 2007. The mid internal roof light is not working. I have done the following;

G'Day,

If the other lights are all working ok that narrows it down to the Wiring to the light that isn't or the fitting itself.

I'm not familliar with the fitting but can you remove it & check if the wiring is connected to it properly?

Paul

Reactions: pgapes

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld

If you have checked the other items mentioned in the above posts you will have to remove the light from the roof to test it further, you will also need a means of checking for voltage (test light or volt meter).
Once you have the light out check for obvious problems like broken wires or wire pulled off the back of the switch. use your test light to check for power at the switch terminals. As long as the main switch at the door is on one terminal should have power all the time and the other should get power when you toggle the switch, if it doesn't the the switch is faulty. If it is the switch they are available on ebay

Edit: Since posting that I have had one of my cabin lights off and (on my expanda) jayco run the positive direct to the bulb socket and switch the negative.

Reactions: pgapes

pgapes

Aug 16, 2011
thank you, problem solved!

Not being familiar with your model of Expanda but does it have another light switch near the door, in effect 2 switches to turn that light on and off.
Just a thought :couch2:

Thanks for your help, yes, it was the ONOFF switch at the front door ;)

Kind regards...

pgapes