I BOUGHT A Y62 PATROL

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
Hi all.

Well after spending a small fortune on my Holden Colorado and having numerous issues with it that Holden couldn't fix I decided to trade it in.
I wanted a new cruiser but they were too expensive.
I happened to be in town so I checked out he new Patrol - I had no intension of purchasing a car that day.
The salesman said take it for an hour and show the wife so I did. The wife fell in love with it.
Back to the dealer and we worked out a price which was more than I wanted to spend.
Any way long story short after a bit of hard negotiating I got the deal of the century and I bought a new Y62 Patrol with tow bar, Red arc brake controller and all the other bits and pieces like mats headlight covers etc.
Am I happy? Yes I am.
The new Patrol is an absolute weapon and tows like a train.
I have to say I am very impressed with how these new petrol Patrols go.
I already have towed my 3T Starcraft a few times and I am really impressed with the few economy.
To date I am averaging 22litres per hundred and I drive to the posted speed limit.
I have always been a Toyota person but I have to say this new Nissan is so much better than a 200 series and a lot cheaper and uses the same amount of fuel.
Any way if you have any doubts about buying a Y62 Patrol don't, they are awesome.
Let the mods begin

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Cmon @4wdphil , where's the pics so we can drool .............................................. sad to hear about the 'Olden being a s##tbox have to tell us the story one day, mine hasn't given me any dramas so would like to hear about it, as well as how the Patrol goes, would like one but the fuel burn is just more than I can handle....

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Finally someone bought a decent car for a decent price, congratulations on your purchase I’ve always been a closet Nissan Patrol fan just turned off them when the lost the 4.2 for a 2.8, the Patrol was on the list but too big for the bride :-(

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Finally someone bought a decent car for a decent price, congratulations on your purchase I’ve always been a closet Nissan Patrol fan just turned off them when the lost the 4.2 for a 2.8, the Patrol was on the list but too big for the bride :-(
Im still here, and I can hear what your say'in ... Ive also had a 2.8 Y61, I just cant cut a break. :black_eyed::confused-87::confused:

Reactions: DRW and Drover

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
Cmon @4wdphil , where's the pics so we can drool .............................................. sad to hear about the 'Olden being a s##tbox have to tell us the story one day, mine hasn't given me any dramas so would like to hear about it, as well as how the Patrol goes, would like one but the fuel burn is just more than I can handle....
The Patrol is awesome and goes like a cut cat. 0 to 100 in 6 seconds which is impressive for such a heavy car.
Photos will come soon, I actually haven't taken any yet but will this weekend away - going to halls gap. We will be at lakeside caravan park - look for a gun metal grey Patrol and a 22 foot starcraft.
Ok I thought the Patrol would burn a hole in my wallet with the fuel but I am averaging 11 - 12 l/100km on the freeway unloaded. With the van on which weights about 3t I am averaging 22l / 100km. The best part is that the Patrol is so stable with the van on you can forget that it is there. It also has so much grunt that you don't have to worry about overtaking.
A mate bought one also a couple of weeks ago for similar price to what I paid. So there are good deals to be had if you do your research and stick to your guns.

4wdphil

Jul 21, 2013
Geelong
They are all petrol now and the new patrol is actually shorter than my old Colorado but it is a lot wider - I believe it is wider than a 200 series. It is very easy to drive and park - the wife loves it and can easily drive it without any issues.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It is very easy to drive and park - the wife loves it and can easily drive it without any issues.

Mrs D is an old hand at throwing Cruisers, Landy's and G60's around, might just show her your comment a she reckons the Colorado is a tank and wants a new car.......my Ute is 5.7m.

Reactions: mfexpanda