Electrical How to start fridge

Renee whiye

Jun 30, 2015
townsville
Need help! New to the expanda range and wanting to get the fridge cold before we head off. I have power to the van since 2 days ago but fridge is not cold. Have it on AC and temp is up to 6 but nothing happening. I know the fridge works as it worked last time we were at a van park but nothing now. Is there a trick to starting it up. Not gas though

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yep I would be looking at the plug as well. Fridge should run normally around the 2 - 4 on the dial. A digital thermometer is a great way of keeping an eye on temps once you sort out the starting issue. Welcome to the forum too.

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
3-4 usually does it. And pretty much level of course. You can also feel some warmth around the top exterior vent if the fridge is working.

Good luck.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Could be, they like to be as level as possible so the ammonia can run without too much hassle, too much lean one way or the other and the gas won't run properly. Relies on convection I believe to make it all happen so gravity can effect the flow. Over half a bubble on a level will throw things out.

Eddie j

Jul 20, 2015
Gracemere
Yeah mate... I plugged an extension lead straight onto the fridge so I knew I had power going into it. Then levelled it out and it work. Had the settings on AC and 4. Left it for a few hours then come back an checked the freezer compartment because it gets cold first and it was all good. Plugged it back into the van and it kept trucking