How to remove exterior light lens

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
A lot of you probably know how to do this but thought I would put up a how to for those that don't.

We all know Jayco love their silicone and the outside light doesn't miss out.
The first step is breaking the seal this has on the lens cover.
IMG_3805_1024x683.jpg

Be careful you don't cut the van. Next use a small screwdriver to gently prise of the corner of the white lens cover.
Silicone will still be holding this in places so take your time.
IMG_3807_1024x683.jpg

Now you can lift from that corner. you may have to wiggle it a bit to make the silicone let go.
Once you have it fairly free use the screwdriver on the other end to remove the cover completely.

IMG_3808_1024x683.jpgIMG_3809_1024x683.jpg

Now all you need to do is remove the 4 screws that hold the clear lens in place.

IMG_3810_1024x683.jpgIMG_3811_1024x683.jpg

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Wow I always wondered how you got those things off.

Just ordered the LEDS the same as what you have done, 2 x 48. Looks like I have got another job to do on the weekend.

Cheers

Skip

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
Hi again boots,I will try to post pics of strip light tomorrow.I also have the nightlight covered by installing a blue footlight above the step.This puts enough light out to enable Us to move around the van without turning on main lights.

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
hi boots we were just reading your other post about led lights that you fitted and just ordered some
when you fit the 2 x 48 leds how do you conect them both when theres only 1 power outlet
thanks very much
cheers jim/tab and diamond

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Cool.

We only recently got our van and the lights are mixed.

All running lights, indicators etc are LED.

All interior lights are incandescent but the exterior light is LED!

Looks like they walk up to the van with a box of lights and throw them at it - where they land is where they go!

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
hi boots we were just reading your other post about led lights that you fitted and just ordered some
when you fit the 2 x 48 leds how do you conect them both when theres only 1 power outlet
thanks very much
cheers jim/tab and diamond

If you look at the last picture above you can see there are two small screws that hold the g10 bulb mount in place. I removed the mount all together and cut the wires so i could solder the two 48 led panels in parallel . Not quite as simple as the other lights but still not too difficult. if you don't have a soldering iron you could use a couple of small insulated screw connectors instead.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
hey boots, thanks for the tip on the removal of the exterior light, i done the 1st phase of my mod that i tapped into the power source there and ran out a fly lead to the coming strip led ligting. it will selfstick across the under the gutter mold of van to get straight through lighting once the awning is over and/or annexe erect. something i noticed, on our van it allready has the led setup in the exterior light assembly??

though cold be short lived as waiting on assessor to come to see christmas day hail damage!!!