Stone Guard.JPG

Reactions: skippy

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great job Turtle, and a great looking Kelpie too !!! :thumb:

I am biased towards Kelpies though we have 2 of them one is 15 and the other nearly 2

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Thought you might have been a bit partial to a good looking kelpie! Ours hales from Gulgong.
We've got a 9 year old stumpy cattle dog and our kelpie (bitch, 12 months old).
Plenty of dog friendly, free camping over our way. Sofala or Flat Rock are just a couple that come to mind.
Let us know if your ever over this way.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Will do thanks mate :thumb:

Our young one was from a stud in Mansfield, she was actually bought by a sheep station but didn't work out and we got her at 4 months old has worked out perfectly for us :grouphug: and the old one has taught her plenty.

Danniel

Mar 6, 2013
Looks great. How did you get the material to look so neat and attach it. What is the material?

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Just regular shad cloth and its attached with cable ties because I thought that a regular replacement may have been necessary.
About 12 months on (looking back at this thread) and it still looks great :) and the dog looks even better ;)

image.jpg

Still proving dogs and cats can get on!!!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Looks great. How did you get the material to look so neat and attach it. What is the material?
Like Turtle mentioned I used shadecloth and cable ties. The trick is not to do it really tight as you done want it like a trampoline and bouncing anything back with force. It should absorb what ever is hitting it.

Mine actually got a small hole in it from our Snowy Mountains trip last year when a stick flicked up, so I guess lucky it was there. The hole hasn't grown but I will just cable tie the hole up and its all fixed :encouragement: