How do you store your Expanda

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
I am waiting on a building permit to construct a shed (looooooooooooong story) to house our new Expanda.:frusty:
Just wondering how everyone stores their van.......is it shedded?.......covered with a van cover (and what type)?.....or is it stored out in the open (how long and are there any signs of deterioration).

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Mine lives in here...
IMG_0285.jpg

It fits in the centre door with the roof up and roof mounted aircon too...(just!!!)
Permit took me quite a while to get too...

Reactions: Are We There Yet?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
We will be keeping ours under a carport closed in on three sides. unfortunatley it not high enough to pop the roof up but can live with that........... The wife can still stand up inside anyway........
Another thing is we will keep it connected to the power to keep the batteries charges & ready to go.

Cheers,

Paul

crystal674

Jun 17, 2011
Benaraby Qld
We keep ours in the shed (9 car)

It was a bit of a shuffel of the other cars and we had to move the hoist a little the first time but it goes in good.

We put the top up and plug the van into 240 a few days before we head off to make sure the battery is charged and the fridge is cold.

Crystalyn

busybusymum

Oct 23, 2011
Albury/Wodonga
I would not think conditions in Moama would be too different to where we live so I would try and get it stored under some sort of cover within 6 months of getting it. We have an outback Hawk which we were 2 years too late in getting a cover on - but once we got a cover for it from BCF and put on it we felt it had alot more protection. However in the period we did not have a cover some of the tail lights, external wind up hatch etc were deteriorating - we have had to go out and buy all new replacement lights and some other external components which we will put on the Hawk just before we sell to make it look new again - but we would have been better off budgeting a cover for the van in the first instance to save us this hassle and extra cost.

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
That's a nice shed Matty 4. If and when we get the van up the hill we will cover in Winter and take it off in summer as will double up as a get away from parents room for the kids, and also man-lounge for dad some evenings !

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Matty I want your shed :pout: Oh first I need somewhere to put it :ohwell:

As for the Panda in yard which takes a feat of manouvering to get it in, it sits with a ramp under one side to get it leave so can run fridge when needed, for the first 12 months it sat uncovered and yep you can see sun damage to fibreglass mostly the front as it cops the morning sun. It now wears a cover.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Ours sleeps tucked away in the shed and plugged in.

Edit: although I do find the best way to store it is behind the Cruiser heading up the Highway on another trip :thumb:

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
hopefully one day a warehouse adjoining my office (yet to buy/lease). Till then...the local storage yard...open....next to everyone elses...at risk of bumps and scratches from others moving theirs about....

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Matty I want your shed :pout: Oh first I need somewhere to put it :ohwell:
Haha......that's why I moved a couple of years ago, so I could have a shed like this to store all my toys in...
A 2 car carport just didn't cut it anymore.........along withother things, like lack of bedrooms..