Interior Hot Water

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
To get to hot water hotter you need to adjust the tempering valve. My tempering valve is located under the van about below the hot water service.
You have to pull the knob out the twist to adjust to make the water hotter.

The tempering valve looks like this
2016-08-01 17.26.40.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The valve will only push the temp up to about 53 deg, pull the lines off and flush the hoses, check the filter mesh on the unit, it may have crap thats blocking the hotters................................if all that fails, take the stupid thing off and just redo the plumbing but if you are concerned with getting scalded they are available at Bunnings or other hardware joints, just a standard household one will do the job............took the one off in Big M as I got sick and tired of the poor temp for sink and shower, seem to use less water now.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Tempering valves are made so they don't allow water over about 53 deg and the knob will only adjust between 45 and 53 deg, the HW in tank needs to be at 60 deg or more to kill legionella bugs and other beasties, I do like the by pass so proper HW to sink and tempered water to shower, especially with kids..............................................thats why dish washers now only have one water supply and heat the water themselvs as the HW from the house isn't hot enough to clean the dishes.

When I replaced my HWS in my old house I had to do a 101 on this stuff so it would all pass council box ticking and money collection the fiirst time.

Reactions: dagree and KECL