Hoping to join the Panda club

Liberty

Feb 18, 2018
Bonny Hills, NSW
Hi all, I’ve been lurking around reading up whilst searching for an Expanda for my family. We are hoping to upgrade from our old Golf camper trailer and with 4 kids now (10, 9, 6 & 4 mths) an Expanda seems to tick all our boxes.

Will be looking at a 2010 17.56-2 tomorrow and wonder if anyone has any crucial tips on what to check for on these to make sure we aren’t buying someone else’s problems. Most concerned about any possible shower/toilet leaks.

Thanks so much, looking forward to joining the club.

Lib

Reactions: Delano and Smirke

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Firstly Welcome to the mob, I think generally a good look for discolouring on the walls around the window frames, edges and seams in the ceiling while a look at the back of cupboards especially those up high in the corners will show any problems, the one's below will show up dust leaks, a bit of a push with the foot on the floor will show any soft spots though since Jayco use a thin floor ply, small flexing in the floor may not be a sign of rot....a look underneath around the shower area usually will show up any leaks, some water stains on the floor underneath is normal from just wet weather, stains around drains areas should be checked out, push with a key should show if it's rotten.......don't forget the HWS a look at it's storage area should show dry dust, wet or caked dust/dirt it may be leaking, usually the water lines connectors can rust out.....thats a few things, don't forget tyre wear.

Last edited:

Liberty

Feb 18, 2018
Bonny Hills, NSW
Well drover all of the things you mentioned to check turned out good, except the ceiling had obvious water staining. The owners said they could never find the cause despite checking over the whole roof. Walked away thinking, hmm that’s why their price was cheaper than others out there.

Reactions: mikerezny

Liberty

Feb 18, 2018
Bonny Hills, NSW
Well I’ve joined the panda club finally. We ended up with a 16.49-2. It’s a 2007 model as that is as far as our budget would stretch. Got to take it away for a week camping in the school holidays where it rained half the time and it didn’t leak! Now onto the mods, first up will be flipping the axle since we are struggling to get it down the driveway. Hubby managed to do so with some timber ramps to get past the height transitions on a downward sloping driveway.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well I’ve joined the panda club finally. We ended up with a 16.49-2. It’s a 2007 model as that is as far as our budget would stretch. Got to take it away for a week camping in the school holidays where it rained half the time and it didn’t leak! Now onto the mods, first up will be flipping the axle since we are struggling to get it down the driveway. Hubby managed to do so with some timber ramps to get past the height transitions on a downward sloping driveway.
Welcome aboard now that your an official paid up member. Congratulations

Reactions: Liberty

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria

Hi, we have a 2008 16-49-1 and love it. Look forward to the stories!