History Of Expandas Downunder...........

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Fantastic insight.....
My only regret is that I didn't find this place sooner!!!

Some of the tips that have been shared would have been invaluable for our trip, unfortunately I only found this site once we returned :-(

Again, well done to all of those involved behind the scenes too..

Cheers,
Matty

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Looks like great progress has been made... and while we all love it just as it is, it seems as though better things are to come! All the best for 2013!

PS - I'd be in for a photography thread :)

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thanks for all that info, Expanda. Having met you and your family and been able to hear first hand about what has gone into setting up and maintaining the forum I stand in awe of what you have done. It has been a pleasure to have played a small part in its operation. Like Moto Moto, I joined before purchase and only happened on the site while surfing for info on Expandas during 2010 so I promptly joined up. With the few members at that time, not much information was exchanged but there was already a good feeling of friendship and easy communication. But it sure has grown and I would also like to thank Expanda, the other moderators but especially all the members who truly make this site the the friendliest forum on the web. :clap2:

MrsExpanda

Site Founder
Nov 29, 2012
Sydney
Hey Expanda
With the move to the new version of VBulletin would there be a provision to be able to tag members in a post? Just thought this may be a handy tool for asking someone in particular a question or getting some feedback on an idea from someone who has tried something similar.
ps Love the Idea of a quarterly comp of some description and Antman's Idea of the Calendar sounds great too I'd be happy to help out if needed as either admin or, as an agent for a national shed company I may even be able to source a bit of Sponsorship.
Cheers Grant

First post in here ask and ye shall receive.

You can now tag other users using @Capt. Gadget

From [MENTION=1]expanda[/MENTION] and I.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
Thanks [MENTION=1]expanda[/MENTION] for the great site....I breeze through a lot of forums as I love to research everything but this is 1 of 2 that I try and read everyday....and I don't have an expanda although there is a lot of information that I can gain but it is an enjoyable site to visit.

edit: forgot to try the tag

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I only joined in March this year so was good to read the history behind the forum. Well written and thanks for the history info Expanda. Also kudos goes to the Mods for their input and time. Having hosted an online chat site years ago I can appreciate what you guys/girls are doing.

I am a member of several forums (Boating, 4X4'ing, fishing, caravanning etc) and this is the only one that members do not "bag" other forums of the same content or other members (Unless in jest).

Haven't been one to give a lot of input here due to workload, house renovations and family commitments (Being a Grandparent is more time consuming than being a parent!!!!!) but have been a regular reader.

I do appreciate all the hints and tips that have been given, and taken on board, from all on here. Just hope I can help others once we get the chance to get "out there" and find new ideas/tips to pass on.

Next step will be to meet up with any local (West Aussie) members on here and share a story or two and/or a few coldies or a cuppa :tea:

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
What a fantastic forum. Having just recently buying our panda, this site has been a great source of useful information. I look forawrd to be more active with it and hopefully posting some of my own hints once I have mare panda experience.

A HUGE well done to all concerned with the background work of keepine EXPANDAS DOWNUNDER up and running.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Great read expanda, thanks for all the effort and a great site. To all the mods, excellent work. Pity the rest of you will have to blame cruza driver, for inviting me here now you all have to put up with me.
Cheers to a great future and like so many others, perhaps we will work on some more meets, so the cheers can be the clinking of bottles.

Cracka

Reactions: cruza driver

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Thanks for the bump @cruza driver, very interesting read. Whilst I consider myself a "newbie" still, I also feel like I'm one of the crew, which is something endearing from Day 0 of this forum. I applaud each and every member and visitor for their contribution and hope it continues in the way it is currently being delivered.

To the mods, you are doing a bang-up job!

I would like to register my interest however in possibly getting the stickers/calendar ideas back up and running and happy to help out in any way that I can.