17' Series Hi all, Simo here

Apr 25, 2018
Cranebrook NSW
Gday all, Just joined the group yesterday and wanted to introduce myself.
Have been looking at the forum for the last couple of weeks and have found some great ideas etc. and look forward to using and adding to these where I can!
I brought a Jayco 17.56-2 back in January this year and have had three great trips in it already. Lemon tree passage, Huskisson and just came back from Forster. The wife and two boys love it! I have attached a photo of my rig but have recently upgraded the hilux to a 200 series LC Which is awesome. But don’t have a photo of the new combo yet. Planning a trip from nsw to Townsville/cairns for Xmas this year so if any one has suggestions on things to set up for this it would be greatly appreciated.
45DECA1A-2B2D-4883-AB9B-2819BADEEA31.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You will surely find a heap of things to do to your rig on here, just join in and don't forget the pics, never a stupid question but some answers could be questioned..

Huskisson was a great place to live before they ruined it but thats an all too common thing with nice places to holiday, they get developed and loose their charm.

NQ is a bit on the warm side at Xmas, even the locals head south, bring shorts , thongs (for feet) and some slip and slop.....parks can have slightly reasonable pricing at that time of year, they gouge the hell out of your wallet at other times.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Nice set up we go to Forster christmas great spot i have a zodiac and 15hp motor in back of prado and collapsable trailor on roof we can park on pozer island with all the flash boats that dont seem to move apart from driving to the island lol
Great van the 17s i have a big table under my rear bed end lid fixed the water inlet disconected the plastic crap one and have a normal tap on side under the power inlet seal up in wheel arches where frame meets the van to keep dust out
And also made a better drain system that connects to the van drain pipes again the plastic jayco ones are crap great vans but many times with jayco its the little things that cost bugger all let them down

Apr 25, 2018
Cranebrook NSW
Nice set up we go to Forster christmas great spot i have a zodiac and 15hp motor in back of prado and collapsable trailor on roof we can park on pozer island with all the flash boats that dont seem to move apart from driving to the island lol
Great van the 17s i have a big table under my rear bed end lid fixed the water inlet disconected the plastic crap one and have a normal tap on side under the power inlet seal up in wheel arches where frame meets the van to keep dust out
And also made a better drain system that connects to the van drain pipes again the plastic jayco ones are crap great vans but many times with jayco its the little things that cost bugger all let them down
Hi bluey,
Think you are right about the little things that let them down, the second trip I had no water pressure due to the spring and plunger in the water inlet collapsing, pulled it apart and removed them and was all good.
Could you please attach some pics of the table under rear bed end, have heard of people doing this but haven’t seen any as yet.
Any other pics you might think would be useful would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks simo.
Good to be apart of a forum that seems to have some great people!

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Ther're not all great @Simo’s and tam’s ;)
Just kidding, as the drover said it gets warm up north at Christmas, bloody warm, you have been warned, but hey its all an adventure and is worth a look, stop in at Airlie and take a ferry ride to Hamilton Island well worth a look if you've not been, we were up there just before the last Cyclone and it was hot and humid and I thought we were used to it, enjoy

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Will put some pics on if i get home before its dark to take them
@Drover @DRW its too hot its too cold it rains the wind blows we just get on with it down here there must be somewhere better to live than QLD it sounds terrible lol
Sorry i couldnt resist

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There might be @Bluey but aint found it yet....................we even play football up here....................................For a Summer run to QLD while I live in one of the great areas steer clear of Rainbow beach and Fraser Island during the summer holidays it is just so packed with tourists that it's like camping in a Woollies car Park, can't see any enjoyment in it at all, further North isn't all that bad as the heat and threat of Cyclones keeps the numbers bearable....

Reactions: Bluey

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Welcome @Simo’s and tam’s Husski is a great spot we stay at White Sand a few times.
Burrill Lake has been one of my favorites spot Holiday Haven on the left before the bridge but now with a new bridge and much closer to the van park I have moved on. Trying out Merry Beach this Thursday, finger crossed.
Where is home? I'm in Wollongong area