14' Series Heron 2.2 Leak

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
my wall mounted Heron 2.2 leaks water into the van when on cool mode - I assume the Jayco drain install is the culprit (out of warranty) I have tried to poke 5mm irrigation tubing up from under van in an attempt to clear assumed blockage but a kink (I assume) around 450mm up stops the process
Any ideas?
thanks in advance
Alex 14.44.5 OB

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
On my old 14.44 I could remove the top or side of the cupboard that it lived in off and gained access to the drain hose, try using whipper snipper cord, I have found the 3mm stuff good for it.

Reactions: alexvk2

Hylux

Sep 1, 2017
Newcastle
Our HVAC guys at work have a special air compressor that blows the drain pipes clear when they do a maintenance. If you have access to a tank compressor might be worth a try

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
Our HVAC guys at work have a special air compressor that blows the drain pipes clear when they do a maintenance. If you have access to a tank compressor might be worth a try
Thanks == I tried a syringe I felt resistance but I do have a compressor - Ill give it a go when I get back from WA fortunately only needed it for heating so far

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thanks == I tried a syringe I felt resistance but I do have a compressor - Ill give it a go when I get back from WA fortunately only needed it for heating so far
Only try it from inside not from outside. Could be a dead moth ....

Last edited:

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
my wall mounted Heron 2.2 leaks water into the van when on cool mode - I assume the Jayco drain install is the culprit (out of warranty) I have tried to poke 5mm irrigation tubing up from under van in an attempt to clear assumed blockage but a kink (I assume) around 450mm up stops the process
Any ideas?
thanks in advance
Alex 14.44.5 OB
I had the same issue but mine was a kink in the pipe and got to it through the vents underneath the air conditioner. Had to put a couple of screw-on clamps to help straighten it. Worke for a few years now.

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
I had the same issue but mine was a kink in the pipe and got to it through the vents underneath the air conditioner. Had to put a couple of screw-on clamps to help straighten it. Worke for a few years now.
Thanks
I am sure mine is the same issue but access to the probable kink doesnt seem possible without serious surgery --the vent on the air cond are the intake on top - under is a panel with power cord going in ... my setup is on the wall forward of the door, above TV and small bench

Hylux

Sep 1, 2017
Newcastle
You have got me thinking about mine needing a clean out now. If I get a chance I'll have a go on the weekend and let you know

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Thats right 8-) I got in for a lookie thru the top vents .......... cleaned the filters and inside the box, you should be able to see the drain hole in the tray, try a bit of air but not full noise at first, blow back is possible or a poke with some whipper snipper line....... there may be an elbow fitted .............

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
Hi All I finally solved the water leak from the Heron AC
Everything I tried failed including connecting air compressor.
While tracing route for new hose I discovered that the skilled folks at Jayco had installed the cabinet so as to crimp off the hose ...se attached pic. Managed to shift it to where it was supposed to go and rammed coax up to open pvc tube
Alex 1.44.5 OB

Attachments

• PXL_20230406_031150605.jpg
    PXL_20230406_031150605.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 172