Help 240v lug broken on the field

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Hi all, need some help. Pulled into van park and realized the 240v inlet (the male part on the wall of the caravan) has the top right lug broken off so I'm not getting 240 into the van. I have a spare 240v cable with me so was wandering if I can bucher it and get the lug out and fit it to the van.

I'm on batteries and gas at the moment but need a quick fix. This has to happen on new years eve.

Anyway chaps, thanks in advance for any input and HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL.

Cheers
Mike

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Mike,

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts when it comes to anything to do with 240volts. You might be able to get a spare part at a hardware or electrician.

Good luck,

Rohan

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Hi guys, thanks for the input. Have managed
to source the part and have it repaired. Thanks for the quick response from everyone, nice to know everyone is out there ready to help when we are on the road enjoying our vans and something goes wrong.

An interesting single point of failure I haven't considered before, I'm gonna carry a spare one of these I think, but must admit its pretty rare to break a plug!!!!

Cheers
Mike

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
G'day relgate, I don't remember doing it but the lugs are slightly bent so I'm thinking a few months ago I moved the van a few meters from its normal parking position and I don't remember unplugging it first so I think the plug must have pulled out when I moved the van, stupity on my part for not double checking it. I didn't notice he bent pins when I used the van until one of em broke off

So i have only myself to blame

Cheers
Mike