16' Series Hello

Chrisand Susan

Apr 2, 2017
Victoria
Hello
I have been lurking around the site for some time asking very few questions but reading heaps, My self and my wife have a 2010 expanda outback 16.49.1
We use it for getaways mostly on grid as a toilet and hot water system are lacking, it was new to us but not new when we bought it. We mostly go to dog friendly parks as our dog loves the trips away, I am currently towing with a 2012 Navara, 140 litre tank, upgraded GVM kit, dual batteries and rear draws, idrive throttle controller.

CARVAN.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well you have a great sounding rig, going off grid isn't some special lurk either, if you can getaway, enjoy yourself then thats the important stuff, where doesn't matter.....................
Glad you are enjoying the site and are now joining in, its the voice of all that makes this a great place to be, find info and most important have a laugh, so don't be afraid to join in...............

The portable loo and shower tent outside has been used by many of us for many years as we evolved from swags with a shovel, to tents with a shovel onto campers with same shovel to vans where we hide from the elements in our AC comfort.............

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Chrisand Susan paint that Navara lightning silver, and with the 16.49.1ob hanging off the back and kayak on the roof you'd be me a few years back.

The cabinet under the robe, the door on the left has no frame on the floor, and a Porta Potti 145 sitting on an upside-down carpet tile slides straight in there like it was meant to be. Perfect for those late wet and windy nights when you can barely make out the c/park shower block 300yards away thru the squawling mist. Add a shower tent and a portable hot water service that sat in a bag under the table, and that was enough for us to be off-grid ... if you want to stick your tow in the off-grid water you have all that required. If you don't already have a battery, your van is already battery ready and pre-wired

We too are dog folk, and won't go anywhere that won't welcome the fearless and terrifying Labradoodle