Hello to all from a new member

ol'nissan man

Jun 23, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hello to everyone,
First post to a forum, so here goes..........
I've just come inside, as it's now Cold & Dark out in the driveway where I just removed the wheels, repacked the bearings & checked the brakes, which was the last in a list of things to do on our van. We're getting ready for a whirlwind trip to Alice Springs over the upcoming Victorian School Holidays. We have just purchased a 16-49.2 after much consideration of what type of van would suit our needs best. Our '80's Jayswan was looking very tired and dated, we felt it was time to move up to something better and we just can't wait to get away in it.
Really pleased to find this site and look forward to learning more from other experienced Expanda owners.
Cheers,
Colin

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Hello to everyone,
I've just come inside, as it's now Cold & Dark out in the driveway where I just removed the wheels, repacked the bearings & checked the brakes, which was the last in a list of things to do on our van. We're getting ready for a whirlwind trip to Alice Springs over the upcoming Victorian School Holidays. We have just purchased a 16-49.2 after much consideration of what type of van would suit our needs best. Our '80's Jayswan was looking very tired and dated, we felt it was time to move up to something better and we just can't wait to get away in it.
Really pleased to find this site and look forward to learning more from other experienced Expanda owners.
Cheers,
Colin

Hi Ol'nissan
Welcome aboard, I am new to expandas too but the forum members seem to be a happy lot so i think if you have any questions ask away. I see you got yourself a 16.49-2, we had a look at those they are a great family van but as this is our first ever van purchase we wanted to get something a bit more compact. As soon as we looked at the new 14.44-4 layout we knew that was for us. Hope the trip goes well be sure to post some pics when you get back.

ol'nissan man

Jun 23, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi Boots33,
It seems Jayco have a variation to suit most requrements. I read with interest, all the different styles the members have and how they suit each owner.
I will take a camera as I need some screen saver shots for my work computer, you know.............brag pics!

ol'nissan man

Jun 23, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi Moto Moto,
I have a GQ model patrol, auto, petrol/gas. It will be a slow trip as it's wheezy old car and will hold 100kph only as long as it's downhill! I'd like to change it one day but we spent the money on the van (better option I reckon).

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hello to everyone,
Cheers,
Colin

Welcome Colin!!!

Love the 16.49.2 it was our first expanda :)

What are the plans for the big trip????

ol'nissan man

Jun 23, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Hi Expanda,
We're heading North to Mildura, Port Augusta, Marla then Uluru and on to Alice Springs for 5 days, then retrace our steps for the return trip. We really don't like to have to rush as there are so many great places we will be passing, but this trip has to squeezed into the 2 weeks school holiday. We generally enjoy the trip as much as the destination and we've never been beyond Port Augusta so it will be all a new adventure, and may be a taste of further trips to come.