17' Series Hello from the Hallers

roysta

Mar 23, 2013
Central Coast, NSW
Hi Guys,

First time poster, long time stalker. I enjoyed reading a lot of your stories and tips in preparation for our big decision to invest in a panda.

We have been long time campers travelling in both tents and our current GIC Camper trailer but we have finally taken the plunge after getting the ultimatum from the wife that she has paid her dues and deserves a bit more luxury while camping.

We have just ordered a 17.56-2 OB. Let me tell you October can't come soon enough! I think I have spent more time deciding on buying a van than what I did with my own house.

Our extra's include, Stereo, Drifta display, extra power points, water filter, outdoor shower, picnic table. Was also happy to find out that the July promo included free stability control and bed end covers. We have made the concious decision to leave the TV and Arial out figuring that travelling is the perfect opportunity to unplug. I'm staring at enough screens at work and uni.

First mods will include the McHitch Uniglide, Toolbox (although haven't worked out what to do with the spare wheel) and some sort of swing out bike rack (if you know someone that can do this for me let me know).

We currently live on NSW Central Coast and have 3 boys 12, 10 and 9. Most of our camping trips have been up the north coast but now turning attention inland. We are planning on heading to Uluru and back via SA over 4 -5 weeks next year. I'm sure that it will be much easier to cover the distance in a panda compared to a trailer with all the overnighters.

Anyway thanks for sharing all your posts.

Roy

Moore Family

Jun 18, 2014
SE Queensland
Congratulations on taking the plunge into luxury camping :)
Looks like a awesome list of options.
I look forward to seeing the photos of it all shiny n new on its first outing.

Reactions: roysta

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
:welcome: @roysta and as I said in the bed end thread...... Excellent choice ;)
Great list of extras you're getting. Sit back read through the forum (Unfortunately that costs $'s) and don't hesitate to ask questions... Most of us don't bite :)

Reactions: roysta and carpanda

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
Welcome to another graduate from the soft floor camper to a 17! The first time we set up it was next to a GIC the same as the one we have at home it was great to watch the neighbor still packing up as we left! You will love it.

Reactions: roysta

roysta

Mar 23, 2013
Central Coast, NSW
Thanks very much for the welcome guys.

Yeah im looking forward to the quick packups Dandy. No more pulling apart stretchers, awning poles and dealing with stupid tent cover zippers. Haha.

Reactions: Dandy

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Most of our camping trips have been up the north coast but now turning attention inland.

Welcome....I also have to add, awesome choice of van! I'd really like to hear about camps you've found close to home, within a couple of hours of CC, we're looking to relocate there soon.

cheers.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
:welcome:guys, October is almost upon us now, the time will fly, love the idea of the TV missing, I only have it for the bride I can't stand the thing, I recon when its time to go inside its time for bed!!

roysta

Mar 23, 2013
Central Coast, NSW
Hey guys,

Got confirmation the van arrived in Sydney today. Booking on the 20th to pick it up.

Going to try and sort out airbags for the rear shocks before I pick it up.

Also ordering a McHitch uniglide to change out afterwards.

Reactions: Flossymk1