Height for 17-56-2 OB

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
I know what you mean. I'm trying to order a new carport and I need to know what size I need to get the van under it. The spec sheet doesn't tell the difference between the on road and outback models and an open and closed size.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I know what you mean. I'm trying to order a new carport and I need to know what size I need to get the van under it. The spec sheet doesn't tell the difference between the on road and outback models and an open and closed size.

I rang Jayco about this question and they never replied! Go and measure one. I came up with about 2700mm for. 16:49-3 OB with roof AC.

I would allow as much height as you can as your plans change. When I ordered the shed I went for 2900mm walls and I reckon I could sneak a 3050mm door under it if pushed. Roof AC adds about 200mm On a pop top

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
On our 16.49-3 Outback the travel length of the actual expanda was nearlly 300mm longer than the Jayco web site and spec sheet stated.

So the best option is to measure one like others have said

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
My 17.56-2 OB just fits into my garage with the roof up and roof mounted aircon. I have a 3m x 3m roller door opening and the aircon misses the bottom of the roller by a bees private parts...lol
I don't know if it makes any difference, but my van also has the optional 16" rims. The sidewall may be slightly higher than the standard 15" ones, thus raising it slightly....I dunno.

Misso

Aug 3, 2011
Gippsland, Vic
Im hoping my new O/B 17.56-2 without roof air con will fit into my shed I have a max height of 2.75m.

Has anyone got a measurement with roof closed?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Im hoping my new O/B 17.56-2 without roof air con will fit into my shed I have a max height of 2.75m.

Has anyone got a measurement with roof closed?
Hi Misso,
According to the 2011 expanda catalouge you should be looking at a Travel Height of 2525mm. I guess thats with the roof down as they call it travel height!
Go onto the Jayco website & you can download the catalouge for yourself, but it sounds like you have 225mm to spare. But dont take my word for it just incase I'm wrong.
Paul

GLX-R

Mar 9, 2011
Kyneton, Vic
If anyone wants measurements, i'll just send my better half around.

When we were buying she stood in the carport & reached up to check the height. When we got to the dealer, she did the same with the van and declared, "Yep, this'll fit through the carport".

On the day we got home, sure enough, van fitted with a few cm's to spare. Creepy (and slightly unscientific)!!

Stew

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
That is a rare gift for a woman indeed - incoming!

She's not ex-real estate, fisheries etc is she?

In the old days she might end up tied to the stake by the village idiots for that sort of talent!

bully66672

Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
O.k I just went out the back with my straight edge and measuring tape.
Roof height from the ground is 2375mm not including the vent for the shower toilet.
2500mm including the vent hatch.
These measurements are pretty much exact plus or minus a few mm.

Hope it fits.

Reactions: Misso