NSW Harrington Big 4

duncandonuts

Jan 19, 2015
Eastwood
www.duncandonuts.info
Well, its school hols in NSW so we decided to somewhere north of Sydney to try and keep the summer buz alivegiven that one of my boys loves the pool. Harrington was the winnernthis time around.

Harrington is about 4.5 hrs north of Sydney, just past Taree and a reasonably easy drive once you get off Pennant Hills Road.

The park has a good mix of sites varying from cabins, to ensuite sites (our choice for our panda "Bear"), powered and unpowered in the mix.

There are 2 separate amenities blocks and a big camp kitchen. There a 2 pools (one for the littlies) next to each other as well as 2 jumping pillows and a 9 hole putt putt course.

Harrington is a small seaside town with normal array of takeaway shops and a good IGA at the other end of town. For those that want to eat out, there is the local pub, bowling club and Harrigans irish pub as well. We ate at Harrigans and I had one of the best seafood platters for 1 ($31 included oysters, prawns, crab, prawn cutlet, calimari, fish together with abtub of chips and salad).

On the downside, i got hammered by mozzies and sandflies as im prone to be if they're around. Guess the mozzie prevention stuff at the check in should have clued me in. The internal roads are a bit hit and miss which surprised me for a Big 4 park, but maybe im just getting old and precious

Reactions: chartrock

Brad77

Feb 9, 2016
Sydney
I'm hearing you mate. We are here now and getting eaten alive by sandflies........they are killing us!!!!

Brad77

Feb 9, 2016
Sydney
If it is not the sandflies eating you it is the rouge kids with no parental control annoying you!!!

duncandonuts

Jan 19, 2015
Eastwood
www.duncandonuts.info
Agree. Seem some real close calls with cars.

In regards sandfly bites i find a super hot shower twice daily works for me. Have some say that vicks vapour rub works too, but haven't tried it.

To prevent, mix equal parts dettol and baby oil in a spray botlle. Stinks but meant to work really well. My neighbour swears by it.

We leave this morning. Down the end with an ensuite site. Nice and quiet.

Brad77

Feb 9, 2016
Sydney
Thanks for the tip. I might give it a go! Yeah we have seen a few cars almost clean up some kids......we are right across from the pool. Busiest site!

The escapist

Nov 9, 2016
Sydney
Seems heading north was a common idea. I saw a few expandas on the road on Thursday and wondered if there was anyone on this forum!!
We stayed at Big4 Tuncurry this Easter. Nice park, enjoyed our stay. Although for 4 nights I reckon $350 (2Adults, 2kids) is a bit steep for a patch of grass.
Got smashed by mozzies here too, the dettol and baby oil works, but stinks!!
Heading home tomorrow, if you see a black Colorado 7 and a 17-56 touring model give us a wave!! :)

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
We stayed there over NYE about 2 years ago. Agree a good park with clean facilities especially considering the peak time and amount of people there. Only complaint was the narrow roads. We had an unpowered site backing onto the road towards the northern end of the park. Also agree with the IGA, we would ride our push bikes there. The sheltered beach at Crowdy Head further north on the same road was great for kids, except for the shark when we were there.