Starcraft Greynt's Starcraft 20.62-3OB

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
G'day

We have had our new van for approx 2 months now with only 1 week away in it so far.
Must say we are very happy with it so far, just a couple of things that we would change that I will explain later.
I was a bit hesitant with how the Paj would tow it, but it towed well with the worst economy around 21ltr/100 going up the Great Alpine Rd towards Mt Hotham in Vic earlier this month.
Other than that it was averaging approx 17-19ltrs/100 sitting at around 95kmh on the freeways.
The van has an tare of 2240kg and an ATM of 2715kg and we do use a WDH.
The Pajero has a few mods but as with most people I'd would like some more.

Here is the list of the extras we got on the van -

186ltr 3 way fridge
2 x 100Ah batteries
2 x 150w solar panels
Drifter control
External shower with light above
External picnic table
Extra external power point
IBIS a/c (thanks @cancan for advising this)
TV bracket
Wineguard antenna and booster
Privacy curtain to the parents end of the van
Shelves to one side of the robe near double bed (again thanks @cancan)

I have also put on an AL-KO off road coupling due to the spare tyre on the Paj hitting the standard coupling.

The few things that we would change so far are -

Where the TV bracket was mounted as we would like it a bit higher so as not to
interfere when you are watching TV at the dinette and want to open the fridge door, yes vain I know.
We should have gotten extra access holes in the robes near the fold up beds as the robes are not very usable with how they are designed. I will put an extra opening above the standard ones in time to make it more usable for the kids to put their stuff in.
The plumbing for the sink is a pain as well but I will change later as well.

I would have liked the extended draw bar but forgot when ordering:oops:

In time I would like to order a toolbox for putting the weber and other bits and pieces in.
SWMBO has taken a liking to getting an annex, but we will wait for a bit before we get one.

With heaps of helpful hints floating around here on the forum, I'm sure there is other things that will be changed in time as well.

027.JPG 036.JPG 037.JPG 038.JPG 039.JPG 040.JPG

Cheers
greynt

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Looks like a great van there. Might be a squeeze for a toolbox with the gas bottle cover I think but where there's a will there's a way hey. You will have to keep an eye on the ball weight with the Paj too.

Reactions: greynt

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Looks like a great van there. Might be a squeeze for a toolbox with the gas bottle cover I think but where there's a will there's a way hey. You will have to keep an eye on the ball weight with the Paj too.

I was hoping to move the gas bottles to accommodate to tool box. I have an idea of what I want, but will have to save some $$$ first.
It's not a priority ATM. Thanks for your concern about the ball weight, I must admit I was very cautious about this as well.
The plated weights are 122kg empty and max of 170kg??? so it says. I went through the bulls&*t with the dealer about this, advising the
weights that the Pajero can have and doubled checked that the van would be within these before ordering it.
We also moved batteries back to under the dinette seats to help with weight distribution. Don't know how much it would have done though.
I'm also trying to convince SWMBO that we don't need to take EVERYTHING away with us, which she is starting to see why:D.

Cheers
greynt

Reactions: 17triton

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Nice van there!
Our Weber q 200 fits in the front tunnel boot if that's any help. Slides right in.
Love ours even after our eventful weekend trip!
Cheers
Andrew

Reactions: greynt

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
T
Nice van there!
Our Weber q 200 fits in the front tunnel boot if that's any help. Slides right in.
Love ours even after our eventful weekend trip!
Cheers
Andrew

Thanks mate,

We have the Q220 so just misses to fit the front boot unfortunately.

Cheers
greynt