Greetings from ACT

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day all,

Just found this site by searching for info on the Alko drop down jacks...LOL...

Not an owner yet but I've been researching caravans for a while now and have shortlisted all down to the Expanda 18.57-8. Order going in next week hopefully :)

Anyway, My name is Kris and I'll be traveling with my wife and two boys 5 and 7.

We have decided to ditch the camper trailer and opted for a caravan instead. Got sick of setting up, packing up wet, listening to the wind flap and rain noise.....
Must be getting lazy or old or something...LOL
Don't get me wrong as I reckon the campers are great and definitely have their purpose

My tow vehicle will be a Nissan Patrol '08 and I'm sure it will do the job nicely.

I'll lurk around and try and get as much info as I can and hopefully join in some conversations.

Cheers
Kris

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Welcome NissPat. We are also "expectant owners" - 17.56-2 to come mid to late Nov '11. Only 120 od sleeps to go!

We are also shifting up from a Camper / Trailer (Eagle). Seems a well worn path, camper to expanda to van. Bayswater Jayco tell me that of those who buy a camper, about half keep buying campers, a quarter sell quickly as they decide they don't like camping and the rest upgrade to an expanda if they have kids or a pop-top if not!

18.57-8 very nice. Should think the Nissan wont be missin towing that!

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
G'Day all,

Just found this site by searching for info on the Alko drop down jacks...LOL...

Not an owner yet but I've been researching caravans for a while now and have shortlisted all down to the Expanda 18.57-8. Order going in next week hopefully :)

Anyway, My name is Kris and I'll be traveling with my wife and two boys 5 and 7.

We have decided to ditch the camper trailer and opted for a caravan instead. Got sick of setting up, packing up wet, listening to the wind flap and rain noise.....
Must be getting lazy or old or something...LOL
Don't get me wrong as I reckon the campers are great and definitely have their purpose

My tow vehicle will be a Nissan Patrol '08 and I'm sure it will do the job nicely.

I'll lurk around and try and get as much info as I can and hopefully join in some conversations.

Cheers
Kris

Well, just an update.

The order is in and delivery due around the 3rd November.

This will be our new toy...can't wait....

Expanda 18.57-8 Outback
Simplicity Independent Suspension
16 inch wheels
Full oven
Ibis AC
Privacy screens
Roll out awning + Valley Canvas deluxe annex
100amp battery + provision for 1 extra
Anderson plug on A frame
Control Panel - 2 water tank levels and charging circuit display and some switches.
Wind up antenna
120W solar + provision for 2nd panel
Gas bayonet near wheel arch
CD radio with internal and external speakers
Cooling fan for fridge - to make it a tropical rating
Picnic Table
TV mount + 22inch TV
Double bed kit for lounge
Tregg hitch

So, the waiting game begins.....................

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome to the forum. Loved reading your reasons for the upgrade, something i think everyone on this forum can relate to.

How about some pics of the Patrol. Bit of a fan myself, though ours is about to go:sad:. The handbrake has been at me to sell ours for a while now i have a work car i can use, but i can't bring myself to advertise it.

I need some Patrol inspiration, help me out bud!