ACT Great ocean road

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Evening all, we are in the planning stages for Easter hols next year, and keen to do the great ocean road. Whilst we enjoy he facilities of the Big4 chain, especially he kids stuff. - am interested in recommendations either good or bad. I would expect we would find a park and put down roots for a week or so and day trip. So somewhere central to the good stuff preferred.

(BTW, having read the threads on what people have on their floors, I was inspired this week to visit the local hardware/carpet stores, picked up a nice light carpet at Masters today and spent a few hours in the van with scissors. - came up a treat. Even got the thumbs up when the Minister for War and Peace got home from work)..... Grateful for your comments on options for the great ocean road. Thanks Harv

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
I can also highly recommend the Wye River park. We stayed there for a few nights this time last year. Nice and central, and not all the tourist crap like the bigger towns.

We also loved Bimbi at Cape Otway. Privately owned, bush style camping if you get down the back. Koalas EVERYWHERE! That place was a very unexpected surprise, nothing fancy, just a great location.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
If you plan to go down there for Easter Harv then get in early with the bookings. I think when traveling the great ocean road you probably should have asked where not to stay. Cause there are heaps of good ones.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Evening all, we are in the planning stages for Easter hols next year, and keen to do the great ocean road. Whilst we enjoy he facilities of the Big4 chain, especially he kids stuff. - am interested in recommendations either good or bad. I would expect we would find a park and put down roots for a week or so and day trip. So somewhere central to the good stuff preferred.

(BTW, having read the threads on what people have on their floors, I was inspired this week to visit the local hardware/carpet stores, picked up a nice light carpet at Masters today and spent a few hours in the van with scissors. - came up a treat. Even got the thumbs up when the Minister for War and Peace got home from work)..... Grateful for your comments on options for the great ocean road. Thanks Harv

We are currently at port Campbell holiday park. Really nice park ( no pool) but on the beach and there is a sandy creek runs down the side. Very kid friendly.

Harv n Bron

Jul 9, 2012
Thanks for all the advice here, one of the benefits of living in the ACT is that our school holidays generally only overlap NSW/VIC by 50%. Harv

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi Harv & Bron. Coming across from the South Coast NSW.

We stopped at

1. Woodonga 1 night
2. Echuca 2 nights
3. Grampions 2 nights
4. Pt Fairy 1 day
5. Warnanbool 1 night
6. Pt Campbell 2 nights
7. Tourkey 2 nights
8. Melbourne 4 nights
9. Lakes Entrance 3 nights
10. Merimbula 2 nights
11. Nelligen 2 nights

A great round trip. Would have liked to have the time to do 4 nights at all stops. Limited by short time off work.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
If you need a stop over near the apostles, there is a little quiet town called Peterborough. Top Tourist park on water and over the road from hotel. No pool, but it is nice and quiet and you can catch a fish from the waters edge. Plenty of room in the park. A couple minutes walk to the surf beach. Best camp kitchen in the region by far. It's called Great Ocean Road Tourist Park.

Cheers Geoff.
By the way, my brother in law runs this park, just thought i should say.