QLD Gordon Country

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
Yes, we go there every Easter with thousands of others, But normally plenty of space. Nice open areas near a creek, plenty of shade and you can burn wood if picked up off ground, of which there is heaps. Has a few toilets and showers if you need or a dump point if camping away from these. Is something like 4000 acres in size. So multiple camping areas. Also has 4wd tracks.
If you continue on the road through, the national park is at the end of the road ( less than ten minutes) it is great also and cheaper, less only two or three camp areas but these can hold plenty of vans .

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Will be heading out to Gordon Country on the weekend of 13/9 for a couple of days... If anyone is out there then keep an eye out for us and feel free to come and say hi.

Will be going out with the in-laws so they will be in a Fiat motorhome and us in the Panda. Looking forward to a couple of nights relaxing by the creek!

We usually try to camp in the Black Cockatoo section.

BJ

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Well, got back yesterday and had a good weekend. Weather was great except for when we started cooking our roast pork and decided to have a small storm! Got the pork all cooked, but then couldn't enjoy the excellent fire as was raining enough to force us inside for the rest of the night.

Van was comfortable as always. Don't think there is too much more I want to do to it. The new solar panel worked a treat. The total of 220 watts would mean we would replace our usage pretty quickly. Wasn't able to see the full effect from them as was relatively overcast most of Saturday. I think the gas heater will be the last for our van now.

The only thing that annoyed me was where we were a group of about 10 kids decided to come and play right in front of us with their 4 dogs so ours went apes##t and we had to corral ours. Asked them to move on so we could have some peace and then the parents decided to come down and have a go at us! I know it is a area where anyone can go, but a bit of consideration for others goes a long way. We kept our kids and dogs with us the whole time.

Rant over.

BJ

Reactions: Expanda12

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well, got back yesterday and had a good weekend. Weather was great except for when we started cooking our roast pork and decided to have a small storm! Got the pork all cooked, but then couldn't enjoy the excellent fire as was raining enough to force us inside for the rest of the night.

Van was comfortable as always. Don't think there is too much more I want to do to it. The new solar panel worked a treat. The total of 220 watts would mean we would replace our usage pretty quickly. Wasn't able to see the full effect from them as was relatively overcast most of Saturday. I think the gas heater will be the last for our van now.

The only thing that annoyed me was where we were a group of about 10 kids decided to come and play right in front of us with their 4 dogs so ours went apes##t and we had to corral ours. Asked them to move on so we could have some peace and then the parents decided to come down and have a go at us! I know it is a area where anyone can go, but a bit of consideration for others goes a long way. We kept our kids and dogs with us the whole time.

Rant over.

BJ
that's a shame things like that can spoil a great weekend ratbag kids ratbag parents but really not kids fault parents don't care about others should have release the hounds kid came to our camp one day he said ur dog likes me I looked and dog was humping his leg I said yes hes a friendly pup and kid played his new harmonica he got for Christmas at Kingston played it for 4 days until he had a break in a van park wasn't the only one with evil thoughts good on u bmhdg76 stay calm

Reactions: Bmhdg76

hilltopcrew

Feb 1, 2015
Haven't been back to Gordon country since July 2013. Been going there since 2006 and is what great. It's now very commercial and more controlled. Fees are through the roof in holiday peaks. Still a easy way to camp but the yobbos still et in there in numbers.

Goomburra Forest Retreat is a new one that starter up just before the gate into the state forest. Very clean and sites are great. No powered sites but very clean showers and toilets and rubbish bins provided.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
Been to Gordon country 2 months ago but just before Gordon country there is another 4wd park called Janowen hills. I went to Janown Hills 2 weeks ago and loved it. Gordon Counrty's tracks are not very well marked and good for a scenic drive but Janowen Hills tracks are a whole lot better. All signed posted and clearly marked. They have tracks from beginners to extreme. Great camping spots with power and water if needed. Clean showers and flushing toilets. A mate and I took a swag and camped overnight by the river nice a quiet with plenty of rubbish bins. Planing to go back soon.

Reactions: cruza driver

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I had a weekend at Janowen in October 2013 with the Navara Forum. Some good tracks where we could watch others try to destroy their vehicles. :D Some pictures below.
DSC_3738.JPG DSC_3746.JPG DSC_3751.JPG DSC_3756.JPG Campfire.jpg

Reactions: cruza driver