Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Rained off 2 days in a row yea baby been pottering around with the van after tomoz got 3 days to play with it

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Drove up from Cairns to Atherton a few days ago ,never seen so many campers,utes ,vans on the road.!Many van parks have said over whelmed with one night stays and not geared up for it. The road up to the Cape must be a procession.!

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
Brought a KO jack today the higher lift one can go 750 mm goodness me ..... anybody have one i got it for the cars to as a better jack than what i have ....

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
I would be terrified lifting a van that high with such a small base area, have seen them used and can imagine the damage someone could do if not used on a flat area, I know you wouldn't be so stupid @Bluey but have seen some trying to fix a flat with a side lift on the side of the road............... nice bit of kit if used properly but too damn heavy for me and no way I would lift from side of van....

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
victoria
I would be terrified lifting a van that high with such a small base area, have seen them used and can imagine the damage someone could do if not used on a flat area, I know you wouldn't be so stupid @Bluey but have seen some trying to fix a flat with a side lift on the side of the road............... nice bit of kit if used properly but too damn heavy for me and no way I would lift from side of van....
No not at all @Drover for me its for cruiser prado and under Axel's of the van changing flats if they eva happen hope not the extension peices as far as i know are for going under tow ball hitch for helping jockey wheel ive had issues in some parks needing to raise jockey wheel once unhooked there is a base plate you can get for them

Reactions: Drover and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Current project is doing a Reno on mates camper van, we have replaced the roof vents and now starting on repainting the roof, going to use this Thremo Shield insulation goop so should be able to report on its insulation value in a month or so........... or at least see if our prep was good enough............ of course a little bit of mechanical if the part turns up in time, be handy while its in the shed, coming from the UK left sunday, arrived last night in Melb, most impressed............ Fiat Ducato, Merc engine and gearbox...... pity they are front wheel drive

IMG_20210714_161553.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Last minute touches to this Van tomorrow and we should be able to roll it out, fit awning next week sometime...... Been a great project especially as I don't have to open my wallet. Mate and I gave had a great week......
Anna flies out on weekend so we will probably go into lockdown.

Reactions: mfexpanda and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
As I mentioned earlier about doing a roof in some Thermo Sheild, application on a clean surface was pretty easy, we just rolled and brushed it on, gave it 3 coats in the end, mate just trowlled it on his side I was trying to make it nice but he said who is going to see, fair enough so one side is reasonable smooth the other is not, we gave it a couple of coats of clear gloss stuff, the paint is a matt and needs a gloss/sealer, its water based and the finish can be good........ winter up here should be over in a week or so then might be able to tell how good the stuff is...........

Reactions: 1DayIll and Bluey