Starcraft Good deal on a Starcraft 16.67-1?

Tracey

Apr 7, 2013
Hello

After much thought, planning and indecision we have finally decided to get a new Starcraft 16.67-1 as they are now making it with a wider double bed. I have added the following -
external table
drop jacks
underslung axle
150L fridge
roof air
Extended draw bar
provision for second gas bottle
battery
solar provision
jockey wheel mounted in centre
gas bayonet for BBQ
spare wheel mounted on back of van
external shower plus HWS and 12V pump and extra watertank

I've been given a price of $33,000. Sounds good to me, any thoughts before I pay my deposit?
Thanks again, I've got some great info from this site so far.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Im not familiar with the list price on the 16.67??. I tend to take the list price, then add the extras and see what the "recommended" list plus extras comes out to and compare to the quote. You should be able to negotiate up to about 10%. Usually the more extras you add, the more negotiation is possible.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
There is a review of the Starcraft in the new Caravan World magazine and the base list price quoted in there is $31k if thats any indication for you and thats no extras.

The main thing is if your happy with the price which to me counts the most (if that makes sense :) )

Nice list of extras too and I've also been down to the dealer to check out this model but with the internal shower/toilet but only window shopping ;)

Did the dealer tell you about the bigger front bed?

Keep us posted what you decide.

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
It doesnt really matter what you pay for something, someone will always have got a better deal or something extra, I agree with cruza if your happy with it and its within your budget its a good price. I looked at a starcraft the other day when I was buying a cover, nice looking inside.

Tracey

Apr 7, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I've put down a deposit today and the end result was about $34k, a touch more than first posted but means I'm getting it in SA, rather than Vic, a bit easier for us. Very excited, first van ever, ready mid July and we are off with the 3 kids on a 4 month trip in mid September.

The bigger bed is what finally sold us so I'm happy with that. this site has been invaluable in helping me choose all the extras as I'm such a newbie! So thanks again. See you out there!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Great exciting news Tracey!!!

I think its been mentioned before but do you know how much wider the bed is going to be?

And what are you towing it with?

Tracey

Apr 7, 2013
Bed is now 1955mm long x 1320mm wide, much better.

We are towing with a Kluger, another reason we went with this van as we are trying to keep things light. Hopefully it will all be ok! Looking forward to getting the van and having a couple of quick weekend trips before the big one.

any suggestions where we should go for our first trip? Has to be close to Adelaide and suitable for brand newbies!
cheers.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Bed is now 1955mm long x 1320mm wide, much better.

We are towing with a Kluger, another reason we went with this van as we are trying to keep things light. Hopefully it will all be ok! Looking forward to getting the van and having a couple of quick weekend trips before the big one.

any suggestions where we should go for our first trip? Has to be close to Adelaide and suitable for brand newbies!
cheers.

Tununda. The heart of the Barossa!