QLD Gold Coast caravan park recommendation

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Hi all, we are thinking of a trip to the Gold Coast in November, we need to travel to the convention centre for three days while we are there. Any recommendations? I was looking at the Nobby Beach park at Miami but am open for suggestions.

Cheers

Cracka

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey Cracka, we mostly stay at Main Beach. Its opposite the beach, easy push bike ride to Surfers and Seaworld. The one in Tweed Heads with the big dam in the middle was really good, right under the airport flight path. I hate flying but i can look at them all day. Tullebudgera is pretty good, right on the river. Short wander to the beach. Only ones ive been, was happy with all of them

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Any where on the sunny coast is great, my choices would be 1. Cotton Tree 2. Cotton Tree 3. Maroochydore Beach 4. Mooloolaba, let me know when you're up I will wander down and show you around
Thanks Dave, won't be until late November, pending work

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
All the coast places are top dollar, daughter reckons Nobby Beach was ordinary, great water slide though, we have stayed at Coolum Beach Holiday Park on the sunny coast, pricey but on the beach, nearby shops are good, handy to everything......"Jabba the hut" on the desk the only down side.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
A number of the Gold Coast caravan parks are council owned and controlled. Have a look here for where they are and what their facilities are. The closest one to the Convention Centre would be Ocean Beach and Main Beach. Main beach is closer to Seaworld if that makes a difference. If other theme parks are required then Gold Coast Holiday Park would be the option as it 5 minutes away from MovieWorld, DreamWorld,White Water World, Wet'n'wild and The Outback Spectacular plus Helensvale Westfield is also 5 minutes away.

I have only stayed at the Broadwater CP but we did enjoy our couple of times there. If I can help in any way let me know but we will be away August, September and October so you will have to be quick. :D

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
All the coast places are top dollar, daughter reckons Nobby Beach was ordinary, great water slide though, we have stayed at Marcoola on the sunny coast, pricey but on the beach, nearby shops are good, handy to everything......"Jabba the hut" on the desk the only down side.

Where is Marcoola caravan park old fella?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Your right @DRW, I blame spell check it should be Coolum Beach Holiday Park..........will correct OP..............

Reactions: DRW