Gold Coast area recommendations

AussieNick

Feb 9, 2021
Darwin, NT
Hi you mob,

Looks like we are going to "try" and get to the Gold Coast with the expanda for chrissy this year. I've got family right in the heart of Surfers and the in-laws are looking to drive up as well.

Anyone got suggestions on decent parks in and around the surfers area? I'm hoping there is something available that's within 15/20min of driving from Surfers thats actually got availability.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Been a while since I have been there but you could try Big 4 Treasure Island. A bit exy but may fit the bill.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have just spent 4 nights at Broadwater Tourist Park, which is a council CP, but is still pricey especially during school holiday periods. It is a big park, gets crowded, does not allow pets but has a large grass area between the CP and the Broadwater which is a really great area. We spent an afternoon flying kites and the park runs movies there as well as various food and coffee vans. We live about 20 minutes drive away but have stayed there many times, I recommend the place.

There is another council CP at Main Beach, a bit smaller but priced the same.

As @MDS69 says, Treasure Island 5-10 minutes back up the road is a good, child friendly park. It has a water park, pool, put-put, and runs lots of kids programs. Our daughter and two boys stay there a lot.

Would enjoy a catch up if you do head over here.