G'day All!

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
G'day All,

Just found this forum and what a fantastic place to gather information and meet likeminded people!
We have been the owners of a 2002 Finch O/B for the last few years but quickly realised with a growing family that it's not the van for us! Over the weekend we purchased a new 17.56.2 O/B Expanda and can't wait to pick it up later this year and start the planning of our big trip.
Looking forward to chatting with you all and possibly even bumping into one another in our travels!

Cheers,
Andrew

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
Welcome Drewy and good luck with the waiting game.
I'm still undecided as to whether or not this place makes the wait better or worse....LOL
There is alot of great info to read and pick up on, but at the same time it makes you want your van that much more.

Slowly but surely we read about the members who take posession of their new vans, so in time we'll be reading about your turn (but not before it's my turn, I hope) :)

Until then, sit back and happy reading...

Dave

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Thanks guys,

I've made the other mistake of booking a spot on the factory tour!
I don't normally get this excited about getting a new car, and I love cars! I may have found a new passion!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Welcome drewy!

I found this forum has kept me sane while waiting for our expanda. I love seeing and reading about other owners experiences.

Enjoy.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Welcome aboard, Drewy. Keep picking the brains on the site, there is a wealth of info for old hands and newbies. By the time you get your new van you will have most of your mods planned and designed.

Like going for a holiday, the anticipation and planning is part of the enjoyment.

Paul

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
G'day All,

Just found this forum and what a fantastic place to gather information and meet likeminded people!
We have been the owners of a 2002 Finch O/B for the last few years but quickly realised with a growing family that it's not the van for us! Over the weekend we purchased a new 17.56.2 O/B Expanda and can't wait to pick it up later this year and start the planning of our big trip.
Looking forward to chatting with you all and possibly even bumping into one another in our travels!

Cheers,
Andrew

Gday Drewy, welcome to the forum!!!!

How long is the wait???

The factory tour sounds like fun would like to go one day myself :)

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Hi Expanda,

I've just found out that the wait will last until the end of September, a bit better than the November that they originally spoke of!

I enjoy a factory tour and I’m sure this will be no exception!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Welcome drewy, looks like there will be a influx of 17 footers towards the end of the year :D

Hope they don't rush them all out the door!!

Welcome Drewy, mine rolls of the produduction line on the 17th of AUG but after delivery to Bundy + detailing and extras fitting, pick it up 1st week of SEP. The days are going so slow waiting!!!

drewy

May 29, 2011
South East Melbourne
Na their 17 foot skills will be finely tuned and ours will be perfect. I hope lol! Ours should be ready by the second week of Sept or so. They tell me that the production line is keeping up with demand at the moment and things are arriving on timeish. You'll have to let me know how yours looks when it arrives!

Hope they don't rush them all out the door!!

Welcome Drewy, mine rolls of the produduction line on the 17th of AUG but after delivery to Bundy + detailing and extras fitting, pick it up 1st week of SEP. The days are going so slow waiting!!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Na their 17 foot skills will be finely tuned and ours will be perfect. I hope lol! Ours should be ready by the second week of Sept or so. They tell me that the production line is keeping up with demand at the moment and things are arriving on timeish. You'll have to let me know how yours looks when it arrives!

I will!! as long as I don't die waiting!