Toy Hauler Gas oven stopping.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
this evening I have had a go at using our oven in the basestation. We have a blackout here at home and wanted to finish some cooking for tea.

It worked well enough to start with but then stopped, I restarted it and it ran for another five or so minutes and then stopped again.

To start with I thought it was switching off when it turned to low once it was up to temperature but with a bit of experimenting I found if I restarted it and turned the temp down it ran on low for about the same amount of time before stopping again. I then thought the kids were making the cooktop lid wriggle which can cut the gas but I lit a hot plate and got the kids out and The oven stopped but the hot plate kept going.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues?

No rush for answers as all my testing kept things hot enough to finish the cooking:encouragement:

I have the van level and the gas is still fairly full.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Do you have a gas fuse fitted. If so maybe remove it and see how you go. If it doesn't fix it then it wasn't it.

Reactions: dagree

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
If the Oven stopped but the cooktop kept going then it is not the Gasfuse if you have one
My guess if it is anything like a gas heater is that maybe it has a oxygen depletion valve that is blocked
get a vacuum cleaner and clean out the back of the oven.

This is just a guess and i'm not sure if they have such a valve.

Reactions: Sammy D

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Cant help with rhe oven as I dont have one fitted in my Basestation. My microwave died when only a few months and jayco just swapped it straight over. Give them a call and get them to sort it.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
this evening I have had a go at using our oven in the basestation. We have a blackout here at home and wanted to finish some cooking for tea.

It worked well enough to start with but then stopped, I restarted it and it ran for another five or so minutes and then stopped again.

To start with I thought it was switching off when it turned to low once it was up to temperature but with a bit of experimenting I found if I restarted it and turned the temp down it ran on low for about the same amount of time before stopping again. I then thought the kids were making the cooktop lid wriggle which can cut the gas but I lit a hot plate and got the kids out and The oven stopped but the hot plate kept going.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues?

No rush for answers as all my testing kept things hot enough to finish the cooking:encouragement:

I have the van level and the gas is still fairly full.
We have a similar issue. Ours is a Dometic. Ours get upto temp, stays on and then at some point extinguishes itself.

We can relight it and it tends ti then stay on for the duration. Can't be sure if the second coming may just be within the period it runs for, but we only seem to get one extinguish per session.

Ill get them to look at it when we get home