Exterior Gas bottle holders

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hi all,
Our 2016 20.64.1 came with 2 gas bottle holders on the A frame.

All the swap and go bottles of late are to fat for the holder to do up. I have wound the adjustment out as far as possible but it isn't even close to locking back into position. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

I get my swap and go from Bunnings (suspect it doesn't make much difference though)

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have noticed that when down in Vic there seems to be a majority of fat ones, luckily Big Mals gas rack is of the adjustable type, find a milk crate that is a nice fit for the size of choice then you can tell if one is too fat or skinny...... Contrary to what folks say the Manchester Brand can come from Thailand, China or Australia and be in either fat or skinny, its basically luck of the draw, I go to Bunnings with my bottle and milk crate, if its too tight I ask for another, easy, especially as I transport the empty bottle in a milk crate .............. The Jayco cheepy rack with a bolt welded to a steel band is pretty ordinary.

There is no regs for dimensions just for capacity and pressure testing, nor is there any rating for caravan or other BS.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
There are two distinct sizes for 8.5kg bottles. Bunnings will try to insist there isnt, but I can absolutely assure you there is. Everytime I swap one I go through the same bull$hit with them. Our bottle size is the smaller of the two at 980mm. Dont give up, theyll have the size you want you just have to measure them. After a while youll be able to tell looking at them. I have the size written on the bottle bracket in case I forget. From experience all swap and goes are the same Aust wide.

Reactions: mikerezny

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There are two distinct sizes for 8.5kg bottles. Bunnings will try to insist there isnt, but I can absolutely assure you there is. Everytime I swap one I go through the same bull$hit with them. I have t From experience all swap and goes are the same Aust wide.

Your absolutely right some are 8.5kg and some are 9kg .................................................. ............ Some are better than others because some are $17 while others are $38, so they obviously have better gas in them to turbo charge your barbie...........

Reactions: DRW and Crusty181