Gas Bayonet Double Adaptor

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Yep it certainly does as long as you had the bayonet fitted by Jayco then it should be fine.

I am using a 3/8 - Bayonet hose for mine and it works a treat.

Picked up the cooker yesterday and cooked a stir fry on it last night cooked a beautiful meal and had a nice and high heat.

Good luck!

Thanks expanda sounds good, my bayonet hose says 10 mm wounder if it would still fit. Might have to ask the plumbing supply place i brought it from

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Bozzy, 10mm is the same as 3/8, but there are two types of 3/8 connections. Bsp and Sae. They are similar but different. Lots of newer stuff is Sae, such as weber bbq's. Best to buy a hose to suit the cooker. A bsp hose fitting on an sae fitting will be a bit loose and can jump threads when done up tight, then leak whilst an Sae hose fitting will not do up at all on a Bsp fitting. Its a pain. The shop should be able to help you.

Geoff

BOZZY

Jun 29, 2012
coffs coast nsw
Bozzy, 10mm is the same as 3/8, but there are two types of 3/8 connections. Bsp and Sae. They are similar but different. Lots of newer stuff is Sae, such as weber bbq's. Best to buy a hose to suit the cooker. A bsp hose fitting on an sae fitting will be a bit loose and can jump threads when done up tight, then leak whilst an Sae hose fitting will not do up at all on a Bsp fitting. Its a pain. The shop should be able to help you.

Geoff

Your spot on Geoff, just talked to a work mate who's a plumber and my hose is a 3/8 sae and cooker is sae as well.
Happy day's

Thanks

Tony

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Brad, It will be a bit of a dogs breakfast but as it's only temporary just make sure you seal the threaded connections. You wont need anything on the flared joins. I use a liquid teflon seal called loxseal, Tradelink sell it, Reece may as well. Just do flared joins up tight. If you use loxseal, dont go over tight, the joint will harden in 20min then check with soapy water. Make sure no one can trip on the hoses then give a call in the new year and I can help you do the extra bayonet properly complete with certificate.

Remember no seal or teflon on flares just clean joints done up tight. Always check bayonet fitting with soapy water to, they leak all the time.

Geoff

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Just an update to this one...
After expandas reply and maccayaks reply it did make me nervous. Which is interesting because the gas company that sold the bits didn't seem as phased.
Anyway in short you guys have turned me off it. Which is a good thing. :)
I will wait till I get an extra bayonet fitting installed.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Just an update to this one...
After expandas reply and maccayaks reply it did make me nervous. Which is interesting because the gas company that sold the bits didn't seem as phased.
Anyway in short you guys have turned me off it. Which is a good thing. :)
I will wait till I get an extra bayonet fitting installed.

Hey mate, I have been switching connections between the cooker and webber and testing each time.

Takes a couple of minutes each switch depending on the meal we are eating but not a big deal considering the safety aspect :)!!!

sven

Dec 10, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Hi Guys, first time posting so here is the long story before the actual response.
We ordered a 17.56-1 OB in September and chose to have a pickup date in March next year to have a 2013 van delivered in 2013, not 2012 van delivered in January 2013, so we get all the 2013 upgrades as well.
I added a few extras that I picked up on this forum.
I asked about fitting an extra gas bayonet AFTER the van was completed and was informed that the van would require another gas safety plate, at a cost of about $500 for the plate, or $100 to be factory fitted.
Just something to keep in mind for later modifications that deals with gas.