Interior Fusion CD radio

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Hi,

The Fusion radio (model RD CV 800) in our new Journey has gone on a go-slow with no sound. Everything just cycles so very slowly. Its about a 30 second delay every time you push a command on the dial - instead of an instant response. I have re-set it many times per the manual and checked everything that I know. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
Thanks, yes I have reset it many times with power on and power off. Interestingly the reset button doesn't seem to reset anything. It doesn't seem to go back to 'factory settings'. Its hard to pick up from the net who you contact in Australia about the radio. Ultimately it would be my Jayco dealer, but I'm hoping there might be a simple fix to save this bother.

Cheyne78

May 30, 2014
Perth
Hi @beecee , try Fusion directly rather than going through Jayco. Their service is fantastic and the unit is simple enough to remove with a screwdriver assuming your van is out of warranty.

beecee

Feb 10, 2013
Canberra
HiCheyne78, thank you for the very useful tip to contact Fusion direct. I did this at 9.10am this morning and by 9.20am I had an email with the consignment number of a new unit they are sending me - fr me to install. There was no discussion at all which means that they are aware of the problem and its not uncommon. My van is still under warranty but I really didn't want to have to go to the trouble of taking it the Jayco dealer to be told to come back in a weeks time. Its a lot of hassle when you are still working. Hopefully I can install it quickly and easily (even if I hate it when I'm told how easy something like this is to do). Cheers.