16' Series Fraser Island

Pieter

Sep 1, 2011
Tieri, QLD, Australia
Good day all,
Have anyone taken there van over to Fraser? We supposed to take delivery of our new 16.49-1OB end November and are considdering a trip to Fraser. We just love it there but are not too sure about taking the van!:lol:
Any advise and previous experience will be appreciated.:nod:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
While I haven't dont it myself (Yet) I've read and seen of people who have.
My suggestions would be.

Ensure your reversing skills are up to scratch as not all the bardges are drive on and off the other end.
Remember to drop tyre pressures on van as well as car
Remove any Weight distrubition hitches.
Better to have off-road hitch, but should be fine with standard in most cases.
Pick the tides so your driving on the hard sand at low tide, and not forced up into the softer areas.

Reactions: Pieter

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Good day all,
Have anyone taken there van over to Fraser? We supposed to take delivery of our new 16.49-1OB end November and are considdering a trip to Fraser. We just love it there but are not too sure about taking the van!:lol:
Any advise and previous experience will be appreciated.:nod:

Ill be there over xmas, but we leave the van at Hervey and ferry over.

That said there alot of vans there all the time just pick the tide and go over on a low tide.

You will need to get the Inskip ferry from rainbow beach which will drop you at the beginning of the beach then its just up the beach to where ever you want to camp. Just watch the lead offs from the beach as they can be soft and if you don't get a good run up you can bog with a van in tow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2rfd_fEyxc

Most of all have fun and take some snaps!!!

Reactions: Pieter