20' Series Flat batteries

RIB007

Dec 17, 2017
Terrey Hills NSW
Hi all
I have just pulled my van out ,to load up and find that nothing would work through the J Hub,it also indicated that the house batteries are flat.I have solar on all the time and this is the first time I have had flat batteries.Once mains was contacted everything came to life due I believe to the battery charger from the mains .
I cannot see or find what could have run down my batteries,as I am leaving in the morning for Parkes I will be on mains power I will investigate into what the solar panels are doing plus see if there is drain on power to the batteries.

Regards
Richard

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Clean panels, clean battery terminals then go from there, I once had a few mm's of pollen over mine and stopped them dead.

RIB007

Dec 17, 2017
Terrey Hills NSW
Thanks Drover the panels is my first job,have check battery terminals last night find one loose(positive).The batteries are fully charged this morning,been on mains power all night.

Thanks
Richard

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
One potential issue at time, start with the easiest. Check the panel voltage coming into the regulator, you'll need to run the batteries down a bit to test the voltage coming out of the regulator. Quick diversion past a Battery World or similar and have the battery load tested.